Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Dexai
When you get to her in the Goblin base you have to ask her to help you with your condition, and she'll invite you back to her... "office" wink . When you get there, she separates you from the party, sees the tadpole, and gives you a "cure" which is actually a sleeping potion. Then she shackles you in one of the jail cells in her private little sanctum (you know where her body guard ogre hangs out).

So you need to go to her for a cure, accept her "cure", and also not be an elf or a half-elf (because elves are immune to sleeping magic and the option will fail if you drink it -- a nice touch that they remembered that I think -- at least so I read here on the forums).

Have to try that with my next non-elven or non-halfelven character.

Drow will not work for the same reason, just so you know.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OcO
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Dexai
When you get to her in the Goblin base you have to ask her to help you with your condition, and she'll invite you back to her... "office" wink . When you get there, she separates you from the party, sees the tadpole, and gives you a "cure" which is actually a sleeping potion. Then she shackles you in one of the jail cells in her private little sanctum (you know where her body guard ogre hangs out).

So you need to go to her for a cure, accept her "cure", and also not be an elf or a half-elf (because elves are immune to sleeping magic and the option will fail if you drink it -- a nice touch that they remembered that I think -- at least so I read here on the forums).

Have to try that with my next non-elven or non-halfelven character.

Drow will not work for the same reason, just so you know.

I thought so, since they are elves.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
It's hard to play as a non-elf though, especially since half-orc isn't in the game. I had no idea that could happen.

addict
addict
The Byzantine paths through the game is one of it's best features, but it's very difficult to organise all the paths such that the dialogue always makes sense. I hope the rest of the game remains as convoluted.

journeyman
journeyman
Super glad the target audience wasn’t little kids like NWN II

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GristlyKnuckle
Yes, we've upgraded to horny teens instead smile

D
D
I was also blown away the first ~10 hours of my first playthrough - it IS hard not to be - graphics, voice acting... Also the whole prologue is a cool, non-cookie-cutter-fantasy experience, at least that first time.

Then, the more I played, the more major flaws became apparent. Most of that involves the combat mechanics - and also annoyances like party controls, inventory management and some story/dialogues/"romances" silliness - but mostly the combat.

And then I couldn't even bring myself to finish my druid playthrough when the new patch came... frown Those flaws/annoyances (again, mostly combat encounters) seemed to annoy me the more and more I played - not a good sign when you intend to do a full/completionist 100+ hours playthrough (when the game is out).

I think I'll just leave the EA for now and wait for the full release. I really hope it turns out to be at least an 8/10 game in my book, but I'm very skeptical at this point as Larian has yet to even acknowledge my (and definitely not just my) gripes with the game, let alone do something about them. But everyone will be romanceable, THAT'S the most important thing for Larian and their target audience, it seems...

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by GristlyKnuckle
Yes, we've upgraded to horny teens instead smile
laugh exactly

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard