Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Can we please start being able to level up more than to level 4? I get there really quickly, and its a little boring knowing theres nothing else to look forward to.

We won't be able to carry saves forward into new versions, so what's the harm in letting us go up to at least level 6/7 to develop our characters a little more.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I know what you mean and would like it too.

My simple guess is, that they simply are not ready. The lvl 5 Npcs you encounter fight more like monsters than developed characters. Thats my feel at least. I also cannot remember having seen any spells higher than lvl 2. Correct me if im wrong. So i fear we need to wait a little longer.
The way this game is developed seems strangely unusual.

old hand
old hand
Wasn't it said in one of the official vids on youtube that EA is only going to level 4? Pretty sure...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
I also cannot remember having seen any spells higher than lvl 2.
Speak with dead. :P
But yeah, you are right except this one ...

Originally Posted by fallenj
Wasn't it said in one of the official vids on youtube that EA is only going to level 4? Pretty sure...
Indeed it was ...
But i would dare to presume we will get lvl 5 in time ... but i would certainly not expect it sooner than all classes and advanced classes will be implemented. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I think it's been confirmed that level 4 is the cap for EA.

It makes sense, because Larian is using Early Access to test game balance, and the encounters in Act 1 are designed for that party level (more or less) before moving on to Act 2. If we were able to reach level 5 0r 6, they wouldn't be getting any useful information on whether encounters in Act 1 were too hard or too easy. They'd all be too easy.

The downside is that we can't give Larian any player feedback on the next tiers of spells, but we'd need to see the next Acts in the game to have worthy opponents at that power level. I guess they're doing that internally, and we'll have to hope for the best when the game is released.

enthusiast
enthusiast
let us hope that it does not backfire.

I haven't done too many EAs but quite a few alpha and beta tests. And basing game balance on just such a small amount of content and character abilities may prove a bad idea. We have a perfectly working first act IF we do not go beyond lvl 4. After that it all goes haywire? What happens if you get to
lvl 5 or 6 in the first act? Based on collectable XP that should be possible quite easy and most of the "see all-do all" players will do exactly that.

EAs are still more or less a mystery to me since they can be anywhere from pre-alpha to post beta builds. Seems like every developer has it's own agenda with those. Or do rules exist what counts as an EA?
I think EAs start beeing an issue when the money gets short :P (ok, that may be a bit biased)

So will there be a beta test with the full game? With keys for all EA players or somesuch? Or was there a test i missed already?

Last edited by UnknownEvil; 07/03/21 08:00 PM.
Yeah, XP caps at 2500 is what I noticed. And dang it I want Fireball Spell available, but that wont happen until lvl 5 <grins>

journeyman
journeyman
Considering how fast we reach level 4 without reaching the end of EA, they should really consider slowing down leveling, not allowing us to level more.

We're able to reach level 4 before even being close to the end of act 1. Isn't this game supposed to have four acts and a level 10 cap? I feel like we'd reach that cap within the 2nd or 3rd act...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Marcus Artorius
Considering how fast we reach level 4 without reaching the end of EA, they should really consider slowing down leveling, not allowing us to level more.

We're able to reach level 4 before even being close to the end of act 1. Isn't this game supposed to have four acts and a level 10 cap? I feel like we'd reach that cap within the 2nd or 3rd act...

That would be another option. Seeing how fast you can get to lvl 4 without acutally doing all that much.

I hope the game will be going to level 20 with as much in it from the 5e rules as possible. But that may be wishfull thinking. As i mentiones above restricting levels and ablilities in a test may prove fatal for the finished game. But since we do not know how they plan to proceed we can only
wait and see....and hope they have a plan that works.

Being honest, with all the problems we faced so far imo there will be a lot more issues later on. Hopefully i am wrong.

Last edited by UnknownEvil; 09/03/21 06:52 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Marcus Artorius
Isn't this game supposed to have four acts and a level 10 cap? I feel like we'd reach that cap within the 2nd or 3rd act...
Not sure about count of Acts ...
But as i mention at least once per week around here, 10lvl cap was canceled about a half year ago. :-/ We still dont know wich will be new cap, but it certainly will be more than 10.

Also i dont think that leveling slower is something that will solve anything. O_o
Maybe we are suppose to reach level 5 with first act, its simply not implemented yet ... all that is suppose to come will come in its time. :-/
There is no reason to tune game for early acess, when you will tune it back afterwards for full release. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian already di a lot of things without a discernible reason....:D

Link Copied to Clipboard