Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
So I "failed" a check. Said the target was a 4. I rolled a 5 on the dice. Failed...
So I looked at the full roll information.

Roll target: 13

Charisma 18: +4
Proficiency: +2
Guidance: +4
Dice roll: 5

4+2+4+5= 15

15>13.... How is this a fail??!

veteran
veteran
Did you use guidance spell?

The problem is that it is rolled twice and the result can be different.
The bonus is rolled once when it shows what number you need to succeed and it rolls again when you actually roll.

Imagine you have to roll a 10 when you do not have the buff. Guidance adds a 1d4 bonus.
When it shows what you need to get the bonus is rolled as a 4, so it shows a 6 as target.
When you click on the dice the bonus is rolled as a 1 and now you need to roll a 9 to succeed.
It can go in both directions (you fail when you should succeed and you succeed when you should fail)

solution:
The game should roll the guidance bonus only once.
You get the same bonus when it shows the target and when you roll.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Ahhh. that makes sense. I've been having a number of conflicting results - mostly fail when it shows successful rolls but some the other way around. I think they've all been with guidance in play, though.

Hey there,

Along side that thread, I wonder if it's a bug or per design, but when you use "guidance spell" then save & reload the game, the result of the "guidance spell" changes.

It is so easy to test & reproduce, that I had some thought that perhaps it's per design ?!

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.

Link Copied to Clipboard