Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
In my current run, I freed Halsin before doing the Shadwo Druid Quest. Now Khaga just stands around and says "Peace enjoy it at long it last". I can't find a book by the tree that connects you to the Shadow Druids. is that a bug?

Or did I forget something? Are there any new options as a druid?

Last edited by Sadurian; 10/03/21 05:37 AM. Reason: Mod edit: Added Spoiler alert to title
veteran
veteran
There is a letter in the tree.
Its not a container near the tree, its a part of the tree itself.
You have to move your mouse all over the tree from all directions.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
N
OP Offline
N
I know but there is no letter like the x runs before frown

N
OP Offline
N
I am wondering is this quest bugged if you rescue Halsin first?

veteran
veteran
Did you get the letter from her chest first?

veteran
veteran
Strange, I just found the letter some minutes ago with the latest patch.
This was before rescuing Halsin.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Did you get the letter from her chest first?

Yes i did but Halsin was already safe at that time

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Naginata
In my current run, I freed Halsin before doing the Shadwo Druid Quest. Now Khaga just stands around and says "Peace enjoy it at long it last". I can't find a book by the tree that connects you to the Shadow Druids. is that a bug?

Or did I forget something? Are there any new options as a druid?

Kagha seems poised to stage a coup against Halsin with Olodan's help some time after you leave the Act 1 area (possibly in the ending slides after you complete the full game) if you don't expose her. It's kind of lame, a punishment for not paying enough attention in my opinion.

journeyman
journeyman
That quest always had to be completed before you save Halsin. Once he’s saved you can’t complete it.

Maybe there will be some alternative quest involving Kagha after EA for characters who didn’t figure out her plans and stop her. But for now, once Halsin comes back he stops the ritual and demotes Kagha, so she has lost her window of opportunity to bring the grove over to the Shadow Druids.

But that doesn’t mean she won’t try something else later on.

By the way, since you didn’t do the confrontation with Kagha, did Halsin make you Faithwarden and give you the special staff?

O
stranger
stranger
O
Spoilers be warned

Going to the Druid hollow - I spoke to Kagha first to stop her killing the kid. Looted het chest to get the note that she is meeting someone. Went straight to twisted tree to get note in tree stating she is plotting something with a faction (cant remember which one - maybe shadow thieves). Went straight back to her to confront her - and thieves appeared. This ends up in a fight which can go 2 ways - Kagha fights against you or admits she was wrong and fights with you. I chose last option and after fight had a discussion - she admits she was wrong and awaits her fate from the druid council (think that's the end of her part in the game) Now I am of to rescue Halsin.

Last edited by Oddball; 09/03/21 08:41 PM.

To young to die, to old to Rock and Roll
journeyman
journeyman
That’s how it went for me this time too. Plus Kagha named me Faithwarden and gave me that blue staff. I was just wondering if you still got those if you bypassed that fight, or who gave them to you if you had to kill Kagha.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by David12183
That quest always had to be completed before you save Halsin. Once he’s saved you can’t complete it.

Maybe there will be some alternative quest involving Kagha after EA for characters who didn’t figure out her plans and stop her. But for now, once Halsin comes back he stops the ritual and demotes Kagha, so she has lost her window of opportunity to bring the grove over to the Shadow Druids.

By the way, since you didn’t do the confrontation with Kagha, did Halsin make you Faithwarden and give you the special staff?

Faithwarden? Stuff?

I have no idea what are you talking about

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Naginata
Originally Posted by David12183

Faithwarden? Stuff?

I have no idea what are you talking about

Do you play a druid? You get a title and a staff for the shadow druid quest.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard