Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tabuk Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I heard this game has a lot more content then Divinity 2 OR do they mean just the Early release is larger?

addict
addict
They said it will have more depth with branching points. But a single playthrough would be the same length.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 10/03/21 09:23 PM.
It will be larger than DOS2, yes.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
addict
addict
What I want to know is will it be larger and more in depth than Baldurs gate 2.
Its so hard to evaluate DOS2 / BG3 length because they have turn base combat. It slows game to a grind. This makes the games artificially <LONGER>. Even small insignificant battles can take awhile.
If the first Irenicus dungeon in BG2 were turn base, would probably take a couple of hours to complete instead of 40 minutes...

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 11/03/21 12:36 AM.
old hand
old hand
I do recall them talking about EA being larger than previous EAs that had. Other than that I don't recall them talking about the actual size of the game, could of missed something though.

Last edited by fallenj; 11/03/21 12:32 AM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
What I want to know is will it be larger and more in depth than Baldurs gate 2.
Its so hard to evaluate DOS2 / BG3 length because they have turn base combat. It slows game to a grind. This makes the games artificially <LONGER>. Even small insignificant battles can take awhile.
If the first Irenicus dungeon in BG2 were turn base, would probably take a couple of hours to complete instead of 40 minutes...

BG2 is SO significantly inferior technology-wise to what they're doing now with BG3. For the amount of effort that it would take to make like an hour's worth of content in BG3, it would probably equal to a few minutes of content in BG3.

T
T
I have no idea how long BG3 will end up . . . but I've already put more hours into playing it than I have playing DOS2 😀

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by trengilly
I have no idea how long BG3 will end up . . . but I've already put more hours into playing it than I have playing DOS2 😀

Same... I discovered yesterday that I already put over 130h into BG3 and I don't regret a thing! XD
I really love the game and the characters so much already.

T
Tabuk Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Yeah, its way better then Divinity. I just hope they don't lose "scale" like they did in Divinity. All the Gear doubled in power every hour and after a while you could fly and shoot fire balls out your bottom, the whole game got ridiculous in my view.

Going from a +1 sword of might to a + 2,000,000 was a bit much.

Lets hope they stay grounded in this one.

R
stranger
stranger
R
If the rest of the game is finished to the same standard as early access (in terms of branching story paths) I don't see how BG3 could NOT have more content than DoS2. The more you explore the game, the more complex it becomes. There are story points and cut-scenes that I have not even SEEN yet and I am on my 3rd playthrough. Everyday someone posts some new dialogue option or sometimes an ENTIRE character that I have not seen yet.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard