stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hello,

2 bugs i have playing with stadia controller :
- the "combine" window don't open : exemple with the wolf stone
- can't use the portal to teleport : on the map i don't see the portals
When i play with mouse and keybord i don't have this bugs.

Jymini #766337 22/03/21 02:28 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Yes, combine is definitely a problem on Stadia and you cannot use a keyboard and mouse with the default Stadia setup which is the Chromecast Ultra they sell with the controller. You need go to a PC and use a keyboard and mouse for the sections which require combine. This feedback was submitted when early access was first released and I am surprised it is still not fixed as you can't get a main reward tied to a story line without using combine. This really needs to be fixed.

For portals are you talking about the purple waypoints? If so, on Stadia you go to the map, then press the Y button to show waypoints. Then you can select a waypoint and fast travel. It is not intuitive. You can't just move an icon over a waypoint on the map and click it like most games.

Another bug/missing feature is the lack of any combat log. If you watch PC videos you can see a dialog which pops us that tells you a ton of information about dice rolls. This does not exist on Stadia with a controller, so you really don't know why something happened. Playing on Stadia with a controller you are at a big disadvantage over PC right now. There is a lot of information on the Stadia/controller UI which is missing or very difficult to find. I really hope they fix this before a console launch.

Jymini #766422 22/03/21 08:59 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Also annoying: when examining enemies, you cannot scroll down with the controller to see resistance and vulnerabilities.

Jymini #767077 26/03/21 01:45 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Not sure if this is a stadia exclusive issue (or even only when playing on CCU with controller) but there is this weird thing going on in the equipment screen where you get the info for another item than that which you should have currently selected.

Usually it's the previous item in the direction you're moving the selection (e.g. when scrolling from up to down , you will see the info for the item above the currently selected item). Needless to say, this makes equipping items even more confusing than it already is because of the weird 'equip to current selected char' instead of the 'equip to current selected item-slot' thing in the game (not sure if this is a bug or feature btw smile )

While i'm quite sure it will be fixed by release and also really appreciate the 'beta' controller support on stadia, just thought it might be worth to mention it as for the rest I am actually quite happy with how the game plays on stadia+controller given it's not 'officially' supported yet I haven't run into many other issues.

Last edited by SerraSerra; 26/03/21 01:46 PM.
Jymini #767088 26/03/21 02:22 PM
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Thanks for these reports! The combine and examine issues are known. And I'll make sure to flag the equipment/inventory issue with the team.

Jymini #767095 26/03/21 03:19 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thx Jess, appreciate the reply (really do), keep up the good work !

Link Copied to Clipboard