Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
He gets skipped a few times, then it seems to be ok.
Started after patch 4.

apprentice
apprentice
I get this too, when I start a fight with a character not all of the others join in. Seems too often the character that initiated combat is alone, the others are not in combat so they do not roll for initiative. I am force to select the charaters with the F-keys, and attack quickly. If I am not quick enough the character will go into combat automatically and lose all initiative that round.

I just assume that if one of them starts the fight, then all my characters will go into combat . I've not figured it out quite yet, bu it seems only the characters that the enemy can see go into combat.

Last edited by Grimalken; 16/03/21 01:37 AM.
Is the issue that he is in stealth? I'll often have my ranger start combat from stealth with the others stealthed a short distance away, ready to be pulled in if she fails her re-stealth check after taking her first shot. I would be very sorry if the game were changed so that if anyone's in combat, everyone is in combat. If their portraits aren't included in the initiative lineup, I know I'll need to draw them in manually. At my convenience. I may want to keep someone out of combat so that they can cast an out-of-combat-only spell. I may want to pull Gale in at the moment when Magic Missile will have the largest impact. smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have had this problem with every patch. It seems to happen less in patch 4 but characters get skipped in combat all the time for me. It is seemingly random. For instance in the beginning ship fight La'zel will miss the fist round of combat about 25% of the time, throughout the game it is very arbitrary. I wish I had a good explanation. It is seemingly random to me. I have had it skip character's turns when sneaking or when walking straight into a fight.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I rarely use stealth. Previously I notice that if a party member was lagging behind for some reason they would not be included in the initial combat but that’s to be expected. This has been happening with his portrait in the combat lineup, initiative rank seems unimportant.

Link Copied to Clipboard