Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
If there's going to be dreams if it's unused or stuff in the game after EA that reacts to not using the tadpole at all then this is a non-issue ofc, but in early access there's basically nothing if you don't use the tadpole.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
If you want to know, there is an effect to not using the tadpole:
using it grants you powers but also makes you more susceptible to mind control.

Last edited by DiscountCanadian; 16/03/21 07:43 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DiscountCanadian
If you want to know, there is an effect to not using the tadpole:
using it grants you powers but also makes you more susceptible to mind control.

Well... no...
This is effect if you use the tadpole... Not if you don't...

I 100% agree with OP.
I really hope that the "good" playthrough/story lines (not using the tadpole) are not implemented yet and that there will be real consequences and story elements that comes if you never use it.

It would be very dissapointing if our choices were : powers + dreams + easy rolls (+ worst VS mind control if I trust Discount) VS nothing.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 16/03/21 07:54 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I am thinking that the idea is that if you use the tadpole, the effects happen to you sooner. Thus, in Act 1, you have the dreams, etc. and can use the special powers because you are actually giving in to the tadpole. I think this is Larian's way of making it feel as if time is progressing. You can only use the tadpole's gifts a few times a day. Then you have to rest, and so you progress time quicker and see more tadpole effects quicker.

So I'm thinking that Larian is going to still have you experience tadpole effects if you resist, it just won't happen until maybe Act 2 or 3 because you are being good and resisting its control. Still, like Raphael says, "Go ahead. Shop around." He's implying that even if you resist the tadpole eventually it'll catch up with you and you'll still have to go to him in the end.

veteran
veteran
When the full game is released, I will definitively try not to use my tadpole at all.

- I absolutely do not want to become a tentacle face. Illithids and the absolut cultists are definitely evil. I want to get rid of this stuff and kick their ass, not become one of them.
- I have something new to see for the second playthrough

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:

Link Copied to Clipboard