Next Thread
Print Thread
#765849 19/03/21 09:48 AM
H
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I agreed with Karlach to kill her hunters and spoke with the corpse and the trader but not the others from Team Tyr

I assassinated Cyrel (trader) on the back porch, with the team ungrouped and hiding upstairs. I was expecting that to trigger the fight but, nobody noticed.
Possibly because I slipped into turn mode just before I assassinated her. (Thief two blades backstab). It makes sense that none of the others may have noticed, but it was unexpected, and I am not sure if it was intended.

The Tav then went round the front to try Rurik, which did trigger fight. Rurik was not killed outright, but succumbed in fairly short order. During the turn, Wyll's imp attacked Trynn their ranger, but was not brought into the fight, and Wyll also attacked Trynn, after sneaking on the upper balcony, as did Astarion. None of Wyll Astarion or the Imp became part of the fight order, and the imp just flew back to Wyll in the manner of not being controlled and I'm now visible and can see master. Shadowheart was picking Night Orchids or something because she didn't join until later.
All team players started ungrouped and hiding.

Trynn ran outside to attack the Tav, but didn't have enough speed to get there (and may not have been able to see her, even though she was not hiding)
The Tav in the next turn used a dash to get to Trynn, and backstabbed her, at which point the rest of the Crew joined the fight order. Shadowheart noticed that the rest of the team were working, put down the night orchids and came down outside ladder and shot Anders in the back, which brought her into the combat as expected. Anders charged off and killed the Tav, who had misjudged the distance he could cover, but the fight resolved itself in short order, with shots from the balcony courtesy Wyll (some of them land) and Astarion.

I would have expected the initial kill on Cyrel to trigger the fight, but the attacks from Wyll, Imp, and Astarion should really have put them in the initiative queue. I'd completely forgotten to bring Shadowheart into play until I counted the actors in the fight queue, and given the she was hiding on the outside balcony out of sight lines it wasn't unexpected that those inside couldn't see her.

H
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
There are also still some pathing issues. Astarion was accidentally sent to strip Trynn's corpse (yes, that's a bit undeadist) but he did so by running across the roof and dropping prone on the outside front porch where Trynn had been wilfully murdered. To be fair the Tav was blocking the doorway, which probably contributed

Link Copied to Clipboard