Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#766231 21/03/21 07:37 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Just curious as to other people's opinions, but to me characters in the game should react to Drow and Half-Drow the same since their appearance is difficult to distinguish. It just seems odd that two characters can walk into the Blighted Village or the Emerald Grove looking virtually identical, but be received very differently...

veteran
veteran
Im diaspointed by reactions in general ...
Especialy for Drow ... since i dont play half-elf of any kind, i cant talk about them. :-/

But i presume they are not "virtualy indetical" ...
Its something like europian people often say that they can find difference between two asians, surely there are differences, we just didnt notice them on first sight. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
P
addict
addict
P
The Elves in this game have very human looking faces, so the actual difference between full Elf and half Elf is more subtle than it should be.

P
addict
addict
P
Personally, I like how the goblins all are scared sh&tless for any Drow character. Changes the dynamic of the Goblin Camp as well which is useful. I would think others say in the Druid Grove, would be a lot more set off by a Drow than they are.

addict
addict
As far as I know, "half-drow" is not noticed by everyone. Only Minthara noticed this for me, since she is a drow herself and treats other races with arrogance.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
I think its has to do with Zevlor. My main is Half-Drow. As soon as you properly meet Zevlor he says something about being bold to walk around without masking my heritage. Then he says not to worry. He'll make sure everyone is aware that you helped at the gate and are friendly.

Then Kahga allows you into the grove to be used as a pawn, so that's why the Druids are okay with it.

So I think that is supposed to explain why people don't treat you with fear. Not sure I totally agree, but I think that's what they're going for.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I think its has to do with Zevlor. My main is Half-Drow. As soon as you properly meet Zevlor he says something about being bold to walk around without masking my heritage. Then he says not to worry. He'll make sure everyone is aware that you helped at the gate and are friendly.

Then Kahga allows you into the grove to be used as a pawn, so that's why the Druids are okay with it.

So I think that is supposed to explain why people don't treat you with fear. Not sure I totally agree, but I think that's what they're going for.

Would make sense and would provide good excuse for these batches of NPCs to not be afraid of Monstrous/"Evil" races.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Piff
The Elves in this game have very human looking faces, so the actual difference between full Elf and half Elf is more subtle than it should be.

It's in the ears, which are less pointy, and half elves can have facial hair (sadly, wish my Drow could have sexy stubble).

For one I'm glad elves in this game don't look like malnourished giraffes or some former child of Mother Teresa. Some of us enjoy handsome races.

You guys can have the dwarves and halflings for ugly alongside the Betty Spaghetti noodle-yankis.

Last edited by Zenith; 22/03/21 09:34 AM.
veteran
veteran
I just replayed as a Drow. The tieflings don't say much about your heritage because of Zevlor. The druids, though, do NOT like me. They make it plain.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
They need to up the Half-Elf stuff on both sides.

I find it very strange the fact you're half-drow is barely even mentioned, considering the fear the full-bred typically bring up. Having played Shadowheart and custom alike, there's only a few lines mentioning "disdain" but no where near the levels that the fluff suggest.

Link Copied to Clipboard