Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I really want them to include this even if it is a dlc or something because these books are part of the 5th edition and have some spells and mechanics that I would love to see spells like "Tenser's Transformation", as a wizard it will be really useful and interesting to incorporate into my play style.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I sure hope so too. Has most of the really good spells, including toll the dead, my favorite cantrip.

old hand
old hand
I doubt we will see this at release but I am hoping for it at some point. Really want Oath of Conquest, Gloomstalker, and Hexblade options.

old hand
old hand
I hope Xanathar's Guide and Tasha's are both added. They help cement the ability to make varied characters with a plethora of options for race and subclass.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1 Yeah I want it in bg3 as well.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Zarna
I doubt we will see this at release but I am hoping for it at some point.

same. I'm pretty sure actually that we will get it as a DLC at some point.

journeyman
journeyman
I checked, and supposedly there's a third expansion called Tasha's Mighty Moneysuck. But I'd already packed all my 5e books away because all my friends got married and decided they wanted to be retarded and have kids.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GristlyKnuckle
I checked, and supposedly there's a third expansion called Tasha's Mighty Moneysuck. But I'd already packed all my 5e books away because all my friends got married and decided they wanted to be retarded and have kids.

Dunno why that should stop your group from playing. Even with kids and a spouse it should be feasible to work out something where y'all get together every so often to play if y'all miss it. A "guys night" every week is considered a common and accepted thing and that could be DnD.

journeyman
journeyman
Once you realize that woman are literally the cause of all evil on planet Earth, you'll realize why they're a game nuisance to not only be kept out of all games but also away from all players, in their public and in their private lives.

old hand
old hand
Once you realize that woman are literally the cause of all evil on planet Earth, you'll realize why they're a game nuisance to not only be kept out of all games but also away from all players, in their public and in their private lives.

Um, that comment is more than a little sexist. Saying women should be kept out from games is not really a positive thing and erases that both men and women have been integral to the history of games, both computer and tabletop. And there is nothing that should make a woman a "nuisance" in a game of DnD, or at least nothing that wouldn't be the same for a guy who is a nuisance in a session... Also if their spouses are genuinely preventing them from enjoying the hobbies they like, I don't think that is an issue of gender at all, and is more an issue of the relationship being controlling in some way cause a healthy relationship should be supporting each other in what they like even if they don't quite understand or like the same thing.

journeyman
journeyman
I can't believe you'd take their side over the greater good of Dungeons and Dragons. I can't believe it, man. They just aren't worth it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Pretty sure Gary Gygax was married when he literally invented D&D.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ankou

It wasn’t the first such war game that he invented. It was just his most popular one.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo

Although the above posts are almost certainly intended to be humorous and would easily pass as such in a face-to-face social context, please be aware that the internet is not an easy medium to convey such 'tongue-in-cheek' humour, especially with an international body of posters whose first language might not be English. Try to include an emoticon or similar to drive home the point.

As an aside, using the word 'retarded' as a casual pejorative isn't a great use of language. I'm sure you will all take this onboard for future posting.

Now I feel like someone's Dad who has ruined the party mood by reminding everyone to watch their drinks and not use the bedrooms.

M
Machinus
Unregistered
Machinus
Unregistered
M
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Try to include an emoticon or similar to drive home the point.

That would ruin most expression. The whole point of illustration is that you don't know intent, and have to actually think and make a judgment based on ideas. Putting an indicator guiding the reader as to what the "correct" interpretation is removes all humor and impact of what is said.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Just wait, some of them will get divorced. Then you can play every other weekend, True story grin

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ankou

With 5 or 6 children at the time, I believe. Although, according to some sources, the basic idea behind DnD was Dave Arneson's, and the first DnD game was his Blackmoor campaign group.

Certainly the original DnD rules set were published by Gygax, since he was older and had the resources and connections to make it happen ( just about ), so where his ideas and Arneson's diverged, the Gygax ideas appeared in print.

Personally I liked the ADnD ruleset best, although 2e contained a lot that had merit. 3e's best feature was feats, 4e's best feature was rethinking how resources are used and regained, and 5e's best feature is rethinking the magic system.

Between them, they might make the basis of a good game wink

S
addict
addict
S
+1 for Xanathar's.

If not the entirety of the book, then the more popular things or things that add a new dimension to the game. The slow pace of D&D implementations, especially as opposed to Larian homebrew leaves me with little hope though.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard