Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Olack Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I have been thinking that it would be wonderful to have as an option the ability to disable the dice roll interface during dialogue cutscenes and similar interactions. I am not talking about replacing the mechanic in terms of how it works, just the interface part. The roll can be done behind the scenes instead of having to manually click for the dice to roll, wait some seconds, click again etc. I am a DnD player and rolling dice is fun in person but less so on a computer. I feel in a video game this is unnecessary and breaks from the immersion. I understand that some people may love it, but others hate it so that's why it should be an option in the preferences so everyone can be happy.

Personally I feel the dice roll takes also quite a bit of an amount of time to be finished, seems like it is just some unnecessary extra seconds. It would be nice to be able to just have the outcome immediately without having to see some big dice rolling in the screen while waiting. It should be quite easy to be implemented as a setting so I think it is only win-win to have the ability for everyone to choose what they prefer in terms of immersion.

G
addict
addict
G
Agreed that it's nice as an option. I would use it. I wouldn't want it as the default, though. I think new players would benefit from seeing the dice rolled because it reinforces the underlying mechanisms and help them to be more comfortable making decisions in the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard