Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
I get it Mrsam. Perhaps you do not.

It is just a request. It's like saying to Mum, "May I have more ice cream please?" after you've had a bowl already. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worst they can say is not, or they can just ignore us.

Please Sir. Id like some more.

Said in a british accent like a school boy. 😁

M
Banned
Banned
M
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I get it Mrsam. Perhaps you do not.

It is just a request. It's like saying to Mum, "May I have more ice cream please?" after you've had a bowl already. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worst they can say is not, or they can just ignore us.

Please Sir. Id like some more.

Said in a british accent like a school boy. 😁
That is not what you are saying. You say,
"You need to pay me or give me some kind of compensation for eating this ice cream."
"Mom, this does not please me, bring me another and fast you slouch."
"Mom, I don't think you understand the work I've put in eating your ice cream, you should appreciate me more and give some compensation for me."

Said in a british accent like a good little silver spoon fed child.

Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
If you really want the ice cream it would be:

I'm testing a new recipe that will make me a great deal of money! There's going to be a lot of food critics out there, so let me know if there's any problem with this ice cream.

OK great! Here's my notes.

I shall now profit off your notes and sell this improved ice cream!

You're ignoring every single time that we're asked by a company to help them improve a product they will sell for money. I know we're asked to do so, because they give you an option to send feedback, which they request, every time you launch the game. We know they listen to feedback, to some extent, because they have made adjustments based on community concerns. This means they consider the feedback valuable. I'm not saying put us on payroll, but if you're giving people your time and effort for free, it's always nice to be shown a little appreciation and it can be something extremely small, just for the acknowledgment. That's what I'm positing. I think you and some others are thinking I'm demanding something, which I'm not, or asking for the moon or something, which again, not the case. I don't think that what I am saying makes me an idiot.

Last edited by Ankou; 25/03/21 07:43 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Let's knock it off before anyone else gets suspended. Thanks.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
We're just having some fun chatting about the game and offering suggestions, and we're like, "Hey Larian. You know what would be cool? I mean...if it's not too much trouble and all...Could we maybe get something special? Just a little something extra? Doesn't have to be much. Just something fun. If you did, that'd be swell." wink

And you're making it sound like we're like, "Larian. You slacking pieces of crap. We're doing all this work for you out here and not even getting paid for it. Give us some good stuff right now, you lazy bums!" And in the words of the elf shoemaker from the movie Elf. "Lazy bum. Can't even make a clog!"

Nope. We're not doing that. We're not demanding. We're just asking. If they don't want to do it, whatever. If they do, yay. Larian's great!

In the all wise words of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, "Ask and ye shall receive." So we ask. Hopefully, we'll receive.

Oh! What about custom made 8" action figures mailed to our houses, designed like one of our main characters. HAHA! Yeah right. Put it next to my collection of Mechwarrior Dark Ages and Star Wars miniatures and Lord of the Rings lead figures. My Half-Drow Blonde Cleric of Tyr with dark skin and white dragon face tattoo with his Scale Armor, armored gauntlets, spider boots, circlet of intelligence and Sword of Justice!

By the way, did I ever mention that I can't wait to meet Minsc and Boo in this game?

OH! Maybe we could get a special side quest in the game with Minsc and Boo. Something about helping Boo meet back up with his Miniature Giant Space Hamster clan or something. HA! Now that would be fun...weird...but fun.

Last edited by GM4Him; 25/03/21 08:07 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Let's knock it off before anyone else gets suspended. Thanks.

Is that warning for me as well? I thought I was being okay. If not, I'm sorry. I'm trying to keep it light and funny.

veteran
veteran
Might be true, Nyloth, but it'd still be nice to get some sort of in game reward for it. Maybe some cool armor or something as an optional gear set. Something for all the time we put into it would be really fun.
I believe your reward is the fact you are helping shape the game ...
Its allready quite different from patch 1 and i would dare to say that we are not even half way done yet. smile

//edit:
I believe we could hope for some "mention in credits" buts more like "EarlyAcess comunity" than specific names. :-/
That sounds to me like nice way to express apreciation.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 25/03/21 10:16 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Is that warning for me as well? I thought I was being okay. If not, I'm sorry. I'm trying to keep it light and funny.
You have been at the centre of several ill-tempered exchanges on these forums and been warned before. You are attracting the wrong sort of attention and it might be wise to see where you are going wrong and alter how you communicate here. One hint is to avoid constantly playing the 'but all I'm trying to say is...' card.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sadurian
You have been at the centre of several ill-tempered exchanges on these forums and been warned before. You are attracting the wrong sort of attention and it might be wise to see where you are going wrong and alter how you communicate here. One hint is to avoid constantly playing the 'but all I'm trying to say is...' card.

OK. I'll keep that in mind. I don't mean to be at the center of these exchanges. Sorry to be a problem. Thank you for the advice. I truly am not trying to be a problem, and I'll try to ignore the individuals who are attacking me and my opinions in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to continue to participate in these discussions. I really enjoy the game and I want to help make it the best it can possibly be.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MrSam
You still don't get it, you pre-ordered Baldur's Gate 3 game and as a BONUS you got early access version of it to get a little taste of what's to come. Usually you don't get anything when you pre-order a game, but Larian was so nice to let you have a little taste of what you will get when the game gets released.
You make is sound as if Larian were doing players a favour. It provides them with data and testing ground, (and upfront sale!) and and more passionate fans can test the unfinished game, provide feedback and act as guinea pigs in hopes to make the final product better for everyone. It is also a bit different as pre-order as you might not be able to get a refund before the game actually releases - you just buy an unfinished game, in hopes it will be good one day. It's a business and development model, and arguably one that puts a bit more risk on customers part then I would like - though in times of liveservice games, Larian is honest about what they are selling - and unliked most live-service games, I have a pretty strong faith in them finishing the game. More importantly, one doesn't loose anything by waiting for Larian to finish their work - and that is a key reason, as I mentioned, against adding anything extra for EA. I think it is fine, if it's a clear mutual-benefit arrengment. It's less fine, if devs try to aggresively sell the game before they finish making it.

Last edited by Wormerine; 25/03/21 01:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sadurian

I'm going to be honest Sadurian. I am sorry to be a problem for you, but it does frustrate me and it saddens me a lot. I've been in love with BG3 since before it was released. Got all hyped about the game. Wanted to be apart of it. Made my wallpapers images of the game. This is the first Early Access I've ever been apart of and the first forum discussions on a video game I've ever joined. The game means a lot to me.

I started on Steam. Tried to post feedback there. The community was so toxic. Every time I'd put anything out there, anything at all, no matter how minor or reasonable or logical, it'd get attacked. Viciously. No matter how polite or positive I'd try to be, whether I ignored them or not and whether I reported them or not, they'd attack me and verbally bash me and others to pieces. The negativity drove me to look for another avenue to escape from all that just so I could play the game and offer feedback in a more positive environment. I'd even post threads about glitches in the game, and people would respond with, "Get gud and stop sucking. It's not a glitch." I mean, when the game literally glitches on you so that an enemy gets to go twice before your character goes once even though your character was not surprised and was in initiative order so that they should have gone next, that seems like a glitch to me, and even if it isn't, what was so wrong with reporting it as a glitch? Isn't it Larian's job to decide whether it is actually a glitch? I reported said people even, and nothing was done.

So I said, "Maybe Larian's own forums will be better," and they are. They are certainly better than Steam.

But I am still attacked verbally and abused while trying to offer Larian my opinions and feedback. Instead of saying nothing, people out here on the forum feel it is their job to attack me and call me names. It's seems to me like it's okay for people to go out here and verbally call me an idiot and dumb and say that my opinions are stupid and they can be all sarcastic and so forth and it's okay for people to post hostile remarks and comments. Then, if I get upset and respond in any way, even when I'm just trying to explain where I'm coming from, hoping to get them to see my reasoning, then I'm viewed as the instigator and the one at the center of the exchanges. I respect you. I really do. If you feel I'm the problem, then I'll try to change the way I do things. I'll try to ignore these people more, if you still let me be apart of it all after giving you this honest feedback. I'm just saying, it's frustrating and it discourages me from ever wanting to be apart of any future Early Accesses and frankly it makes me not want to be a Larian customer in the future. When people can insult me and get away with it, and then I'm the one who is being told that I'm at the center of it, yeah... that hurts. I know I'm not alone in this too. I've read more than 1 comment from someone fed up with these forums. They're also tired of being mocked and ridiculed and harassed whenever they give their opinion. No matter how positive I try to be, they keep blasting me. It is NOT a fun environment.

This said, I get that I should ignore people like this. I should be the more mature one. As I said, if you let me continue to post stuff, I will take your advice to heart and try to ignore said individuals. I will try to not use certain language that might attract them to further respond in a negative way. I really REALLY don't like being mixed up in these messes anyway. I even had another person just recently private message me with the same advice. Just stop responding to them and I'll be happier. So I will try to do that.

But just please understand that it does get difficult to do this when you are trying to read through people's legitimate feedback. I don't always agree with people on the forum, but if you notice the ones who are respectful I do read and appreciate and often times they change my mind on things. (Case in point, the guy who corrected me about Druids and Owlbears. He posted a response, disagreed with me, I read it, I agreed I was wrong. It was all good. I respected that. I have also admitted that I was wrong about the hag lair.)

I'm a paying customer. I love the game. The fact that Im even writing all this should tell you how much I love the game.
However, this experience has weakened my love for both game and company, especially getting reprimanded and warned by you and others when I'm just trying to defend myself and no one else is. I know I'm not alone. I've read other people's comments as well who have said the same thing. We are tired of posting suggestions when all we get is attacked. I defend myself, but I might get banned while the guy who instigated it all, who insulted me repeatedly, gets to continue to offer his toxic opinions. It's not right.

Anyway. I've spent enough of your time and mine.

Totally Genuinely Not Trying to Be a Drama Queen Discouraged,

Gm4Him

Last edited by GM4Him; 25/03/21 02:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
We allegedly do 2 things as Early Access Players:
1.) Play the game where we encounter bugs and automatically generate user statistics. I don't think this merits any reward, as its completely offset by the opportunity to play the game early. A single thank you would be fine, but I'm sure somewhere Larian has already thanked us for doing this.

2.) Provide feedback through the official BG3 reporter, these forums, and/or reddit. To be honest, at this point I'd be more angry than appreciative if Larian explicitly thanked or rewarded us for doing this. I believe they've mentioned the forums once, saying that they had dozens of pages of feedback from reddit+the forums in their December patch video. However, they haven't actually responded to or even mentioned specific topics here. Why are they using the chain mechanic? What are their thoughts on how Larianisms such as dipping, high ground advantage, and surfaces affect the gameplay? Do they realize that the previous reasons are why Bless isn't that useful, or do they still think that "players only like flashy abilities"?
I'd feel patronized if we were given a reward for providing feedback, given that it doesn't feel like Larian has actually considered any of this feedback.

tl:dr: The reward for EA should be participating in EA, which at the very least should include an acknowledgement from Larian of the specific topics we've brought up and hopefully their reasons for or for not implementing them. Otherwise, just call us bug testers.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
1.) Play the game where we encounter bugs and automatically generate user statistics. I don't think this merits any reward, as its completely offset by the opportunity to play the game early. A single thank you would be fine, but I'm sure somewhere Larian has already thanked us for doing this.

2.) Provide feedback through the official BG3 reporter, these forums, and/or reddit. To be honest, at this point I'd be more angry than appreciative if Larian explicitly thanked or rewarded us for doing this. I believe they've mentioned the forums once, saying that they had dozens of pages of feedback from reddit+the forums in their December patch video. However, they haven't actually responded to or even mentioned specific topics here. Why are they using the chain mechanic? What are their thoughts on how Larianisms such as dipping, high ground advantage, and surfaces affect the gameplay? Do they realize that the previous reasons are why Bless isn't that useful, or do they still think that "players only like flashy abilities"?
I'd feel patronized if we were given a reward for providing feedback, given that it doesn't feel like Larian has actually considered any of this feedback.

tl:dr: The reward for EA should be participating in EA, which at the very least should include an acknowledgement from Larian of the specific topics we've brought up and hopefully their reasons for or for not implementing them. Otherwise, just call us bug testers.
I agree, for me the reward of early access would be a better game on release. On the topic of Bless, the animation isn't even flashy or engaging. The character gets a glowing tadpole that swims around their face, who would want to cast a spell that does that? One way to get the player to use spells more is to make the animation/vfx more satisfying.

To tie all this together, I've provided feedback on spell animations. The only reward I would expect is that the animations are improved before or on release. If the game stays the same and I get a trophy that says "You did it! You played through Early Access." I'd be disappointed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

You do make a good point. If they aren't going to fix things what we are asking them to fix and/or they do not listen to our feedback, getting a token gift would actually upset me more. You're right there.

But whateves.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard