Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Um. Love the new cutscene when you first get into the hag's lair where she has all her trophies. However, I have a few issues with it:

1. Hag says her piece and is just gone. No teleportation animation or anything. First time I played through with this new cutscene I was like, "Wait. Where did she go? She was there just a minute ago."

2. I short rested prior to entering her domain. If I short rest, which is an hour goes by, after the Red Cap fight, would she really be waiting for me in that chamber?

Maybe there could be something else in that chamber that makes more sense. I like the idea of her ominous voice taunting me and telling me to take all the time I want. She'll wait. She wants me in top condition when she rips my skull open and pulls the wiggler out. Gives me the idea that it's okay to rest. Something like that.

Or, if she is there, she says what you have her say now, but then show her teleport out of there cackling.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Short and long rests as Larian has implemented them have nothing to do with the passing of time. I'm not condoning it, but it is the way they decided to do them.

If it makes it any easier to stomach think of long rests especially as taking place in an extra dimensional space where time passes at a different rate than the "real world".

As to what you have said here and elsewhere about being able to leave and rest and still have Ethel waiting for you, personally I don't have a problem with it. She is in her place of power(she literally has a font of power right outside her house). There is no reason for her to leave and go elsewhere cause as far as she knows/thinks she can take us. She is at her strongest where she is and has no reason to go find a new lair...up until the point we actually defeat her and she realizes we are stronger than she thought.

I haven't yet gone to fight her after patch 4 so I may comment again in a bit after I see the new cutscene and see if it is a jarring as you say.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Long rests ARE Larian's system of time, though. It is End Day. So literally every time I End Day, I am heading to camp, chilling and vibing the rest of the day and sleeping 8 hours.

It isn't that they have no time in the game. They just don't have any events triggered by said time. So the druid ritual just continues to be in like a Groundhog Day kind of suspended animation state, and the gobbos will never come as long as you don't head to the base, and you'll never become a mind flayed id you just don't continue the main quest.

That's all. smile

I still think the current hag quest needs to warn nee players more that it is okay to Long Rest. I did notice more warnings this time though to clue you in that this is not gonna be easy. That helps. Talk to the dead. They'll tell you. RUN!!!

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just replayed the scene and this time the hag did run and teleport in a puff of smoke. Maybe my game just glitched.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OcO
She is in her place of power(she literally has a font of power right outside her house). There is no reason for her to leave and go elsewhere cause as far as she knows/thinks she can take us. She is at her strongest where she is and has no reason to go find a new lair...up until the point we actually defeat her and she realizes we are stronger than she thought.
+1 ... exactly!

But, some mocking comentaries from her about our actions could add a nice flavour to that dungeon. :3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard