Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#767150 26/03/21 09:56 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ya'll you can beat the whole game with one small bottle and a githyanki mage hand. Really, it's infinite xp. And the damage is kinda small, but it's consistent and doesn't cost anything.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Yes, I too spent 90 minutes killing the phase spiders with Lae'zel's mage hand alone, just to see if it was possible. But it took 90 minutes. I only really find cheese objectionable when it both makes the game easier and saves time. If there's a big enough time to cheese tradeoff a player has to make a choice to make the game more boring in order to make it easier.

If you really want OP, Mirkon with the Minotaur greatclub is OP. If anyone was keeping track of such things, I could easily have a world record speedrun, murderhoboing every NPC in the game with him.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
But once they fix the Glut above ground glitch, I'll have to manually throw his body to Underdark in order to raise him from the dead. Quite tedious, and a difficult task without taking care of the phase spiders first.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I didn't encounter Mirkon during my playthrough. Where's this minotaur weapon? I coulda used that!

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Mirkon is on
the beach by the druid grove. If you save him, you can't kill him. If you let him die, you can raise him with Glut. Arabella also works, but it's possible for your characters to accidentally kill her. Also, it won't be possible to bring her body to the underdark
One of the two minotaurs carries the greatclub. To use it yourself, raise that minotaur with Glut, have it throw its weapon, and pick it up.

Last edited by xnihil0zer0; 30/03/21 05:57 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Sounds complicated. I'll wait for them to release enough of the game for me to make my preferred character.

old hand
old hand
FOr me Mage Hand is broken in the other direction, it lacks most all of what it is supposed to have and gained push which is an eh addition.

Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Mirkon
What makes that boy special? I mean 2d12 club is nice, but why the boy and not one of Minotaurs for instance?

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Mirkon
What makes that boy special? I mean 2d12 club is nice, but why the boy and not one of Minotaurs for instance?
Allow me to demonstrate, Mirkon soloing the Goblin Camp courtyard in 6 minutes:

Tiefling kids can't enter combat. So if there is combat going on(preventing NPC auto-heal) they can run around in real time and make unlimited attacks.

Add the club to that, and even though he misses a lot more than a minotaur, they can do damage fast enough to kill a large fraction of NPCs in the game, even if there's no combat nearby and NPCs auto-heal.

Arabella works too, but Mirkon auto-resurrects under certain conditions, so it's harder for him to get killed accidentally.

old hand
old hand
Ya he passes his stealth checks with no problem. Your characters can actually do this, not entering combat while passing stealth checks. Easiest example would be killing imps in the intro stealthed.

fallenj #769035 09/04/21 05:31 PM
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
It's true that he passes a lot of stealth checks, but it's more than that(he fails 3 while surrounded by goblins). Turn-based mode is not even available to him. If I hit the enter turn-based mode button, it breaks him. He can't exit it and he can no longer move or take any actions.

CJMPinger #769090 09/04/21 11:30 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I see what you're saying here. Even though the mage hand is OP, I still can't use it for RP purposes, like really pickpocketing people with it, or interacting with machines.

Link Copied to Clipboard