Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#767382 28/03/21 09:46 PM
smd1967 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Has anyone else found the battle with the Gith at the bridge terribly impossible to do? They get 2-4 hits on me each, are all level 5, and have 2 of my companions down in first round. Then, second round, goes the others.

smd1967 #767611 30/03/21 06:06 AM
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
It's one of the hardest fights in the game. But once you know what to do, it isn't so bad. I'd say the simplest, non cheesy, tactic is to
put some companions up on the bridge before talking to Kithrak Voss.

smd1967 #767613 30/03/21 06:15 AM
S
addict
addict
S
Going in blind into the Gith fight can be dangerous. I'm sure a lot of people will struggle with it the first time. But then again, a good portion of players will probably encounter them at level 5, which makes the encounter much easier. They get two attacks? Well, so will your fighters. And your casters will have access to level 3 spells which are quite potent.

I did manage to survive the encounter the first time and I didn't know what to expect. Gale dropped fast but I had two fighters (my character and Lae'zel) so they managed to soak/block a good amount of damage and SH helped with heals. I didn't know about food at the time so I drank a ton of potions but in the end I survived with my character and SH still standing. I'm sure I could have taken them at level 5 fairly easy without prior knowledge.

smd1967 #768068 03/04/21 02:00 PM
smd1967 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have done this battle several times. Always challenging. But with new update none of my tactics work: leaving a couple on bridge; putting Astarion in hide; buffs galore. It always goes the same: goth get multiple attacks (2-3 each; and I typically only have 1 fighter - Laezel) down goes Laezel; more multiple attacks, down goes my PC; and then the other 2 follow. We are level 4 characters fighting level 5 does. They always seem to have advantage.

Last edited by smd1967; 03/04/21 02:02 PM. Reason: Forgot information
smd1967 #768298 05/04/21 05:22 AM
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by smd1967
I have done this battle several times. Always challenging. But with new update none of my tactics work: leaving a couple on bridge; putting Astarion in hide; buffs galore. It always goes the same: goth get multiple attacks (2-3 each; and I typically only have 1 fighter - Laezel) down goes Laezel; more multiple attacks, down goes my PC; and then the other 2 follow. We are level 4 characters fighting level 5 does. They always seem to have advantage.
Another thing I find can make the fight way easier is haste spores.

journeyman
journeyman
My two cp worth:
You don't have to actually talk to them - have somebody tough and fast (i.e. able to get out of range of those [insert nasty descriptions here] and all their cheesy lead off attacks) zap one with an arrow or whatnot from the bridge while everyone else hangs out at Waukeen's rest, and drag them round to the party. If you do this while the whole crowd of Flaming Fist are there, you've got some pretty decent help. Some of the FF end up dead, but better them than you. This approach and variants thereof works well in a fair number of places where enemies will come to you, enabling you to pick a more favorable location

smd1967 #768810 08/04/21 04:01 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
I notice a few comments about level 5? I am trapped at lvl 4.. is there something im missing

Originally Posted by Chris Fraser
I notice a few comments about level 5? I am trapped at lvl 4.. is there something im missing
I think they mean that when the level cap is gone you would likely be level 5 when you reach the gith.

On the fight itself, it was less challenging than the swamp fight for me. Probably because I figured I should split the party and leave mage and cleric on the bridge. Then triggered a conversation with Astarion and he was able to misty step to height advantage leaving just lae'zel down below. And she can take some beating.

Link Copied to Clipboard