Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I read about the "darkening" of scenes in patch 4 release notes, it never bothered me so far, but now I got into the spider's tunnels under the well, and I have a lot of trouble seeing the corridors. Even using my PC's with darkvision I find it too dark. I'm slightly vision impaired, so this could be the reason why the effect is so big for me. I had no trouble at all during my previous visit, so I'm pretty sure the game has darkened this.
I searched if there was an option to restore the lighting of the previous patch level, but didn't find it.

Have you tried adjusting the gamma correction in Options > Video? I've not noticed a difference since the patch, but there have been games where I needed to increase the gamma in certain areas. At 72 it's getting harder to see in dim light. smile

addict
addict
It seems that they have turned off the brightness for some reason. Some of the cutscenes became too bright, lighting somehow became even worse than better for me.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
That is something they should give you the choice in the matter. But have you checked for the option to brighten it in video preferences.

veteran
veteran
People were talking about the game being too bright for months. Anyway it's nothing a preferred shader won't solve. For now brightness is your friend

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the feedback. I had looked into the viedeo options but didn't find a brightness slider. Tried contrast, but that's no good. I now also tried gamma correction (don't know what it is) but that 's quite extreme. The default setting is clearly best here.
In this game you have very bright and very dark scenes. I had no complaints with the previous patch, but can imagine some people had problems then in the bright scenes like I now have in the dark ones. Maybe allowing a bit more tweaking may be a useful option.

Link Copied to Clipboard