Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
I'm uncertain with this two race, Tiefling or Elf, for the class Sorcerer( I've played in my first run the Warlock's class and Tiefling race , not bad. Now I'm playing with an Wizard Elf)

N
old hand
old hand
N
Dragonborn Warlock for my first playthrough. And a multiclassed Drow Rogue/Wizard for the second I guess.

Probably a human Bard. College of Swords if available, Valor if not.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
apprentice
apprentice
Lolthsworn male wizard

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by acatlas
Multi class was confirmed on release additionally there is suppose to be mercs with live release so why restrict yourself to 1 class / race combination instead of a full party option. With speculation of level cap being 12 currently

Party 1
Half-Elf - 3 Hexblade / 9 Oathbreaker Paladin
Drow - 3 Champion Fighter / 9 Berzerker Barbarian
Wood Elf - Fighter 2 / Thief Rogue 3 / Druid 7
Shield Dwarf - Fighter 2 / Necromancer Wizard 10

Party 2
Half-Elf - 3 Hexblade / 9 Paladin of Vengence
Dragonborn - 3 Fighter Champion / 9 Paladin of Vengence
Wood Elf - Fighter Battle Master 3 / Ranger 9 (Subclass Undecided) - Archery Focused
Shield Dwarf - 9 Cleric of Life / 3 Eldritch Knight Fighter

Hexblade was published in Xanthar's Guide to Everything.
It is unlikely to be included in BG3.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Alodar
Multi class was confirmed on release additionally there is suppose to be mercs with live release so why restrict yourself to 1 class / race combination instead of a full party option. With speculation of level cap being 12 currently

Party 1
Half-Elf - 3 Hexblade / 9 Oathbreaker Paladin ...

The Hexblade subclass has already been modded in the game. Some modder, Kgboy, found parts of the subclass in the game, and finished it.

Last edited by Merlex; 14/04/21 03:02 AM.
T
T
I had hoped that playing in the early access would help me decide . . . only now I'm more conflicted then before! smile

Human Bard (Shadowheart romance)
Half-Orc Barbarian (Lazel romance)
Elf/Teifling Sorcerer (Astarian romance)
Half-Elf Ranger (Gale romance)
Halfling Rogue

I have no idea . . . will need to see what all the class/race options are when game is complete.

And then there is the party composition . . . I'll likely try to use different party members for each playthrough. Of course will need full conformation of the available options here also.

Going to be very, very busy when the game finally releases! smile

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Merlex

Party 1

The Hexblade subclass has already been modded in the game. Some modder, Kgboy, found parts of the subclass in the game, and finished it.

Its work in progress as different mods capture the features more accurately than others (In one area...then vice versa).
One is an item mod that gives a hexblade ring...this version implements Hex the best, although it renews on kill until 10 turns are up. Its once per long rest so this may be a good home brew (undecided).

Hexblade is my favorite class of all time...the ultimate Gish build.

addict
addict
Traditionally I'v always preferred to play the cleric class in D&D. Unfortunately, the class does not do well in this incarnation of the game.
Of the different tries I did till now, I felt most comfortable with a wood-elf ranger beastmaster. But there's still a long way to go to the final release, and I suppose more classes will trickle in before that.
I'm curious for the palladin class.

Last edited by ldo58; 17/04/21 04:22 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
This depends on a few things for me, I like to replay a good game, but for a DnD game there are a few things to consider, what I want to play is going to deal with a lot of other factors in the game.

At the current state of the game, I have to consider party balance, level cap, starting stats and just how much I like the class, I have played all. Right now I throw out being a wizard because I like Gale, and there is no fireball. Spellcasting without the ability fireball a gazeebo just doesnt feel right. Also I will play it because the class doesnt rely on really needing good numbers in too many stats and so I can have a decent int and con and maybe throw a higher number into charisma enough to not have to pay so much for goods (I really hate the ignoring of cost in this game)

If we get to roll stats at some point I would like to play any of the classes that have needs for multiple stats. Paladins are fun but they need the melee classes, charisma, and traditionally some wisdom (yeah I know they dont need it any more but seeing a Paladin with the 10 in wisdom is disappointing to make). Also Barbarians in games like this are fun if you have stats high enough, if you roll a barbarian with three high stats (or can min max to them with the pregenerated numbers) I always find it fun to go unarmored with high con and dex and just run into battle naked, in all your natural glory ;P The same for monks but robed. With the current standard stats the classes dont seem to call to my power gamer side the way theyve done in the past

I also do like playing rogues but right now party balance keeps me from it, as I prefer the rogue npc over the other characters but two rogues may not make for proper balance. If full release gives us some more tolerable NPC characters to chose from then maybe.

S
addict
addict
S
I'd like to roll a half elf eldritch knight but a standard half elf, not the variant. Seeing how this game works, having an extra two skills of your choice far outweighs a single cantrip in my opinion.

And if current companions are any indication of the personalities of future companions, I'll probably run all mercenaries. I'll run once with companions just to see some backstories but that's it.

My mercenary group will most likely be depending upon racial variants and backgrounds:

half elf eldritch knight
half elf arcane trickster
high elf wizard
wood elf cleric or druid

As you can see, I'm not fond of torches and like pretty people.

Tiefling warlock, just like my first EA character. Pact of the chain, no idea what subclass yet. I chose great old one in EA because, between lvls 1-4, it is the more powerful of the two.

Wood elf monk, because why not? Way of the shadows ftw.

Githyanki wizard. Currently have one named Booger that I'd like to take from start to finish.

Other than that, no official plans. I'm sure I'll play around with several race/class combos.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Drow Sorcerer and its not even close. Improved night vision is too good to pass up.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Originally Posted by Merlex

Party 1

Its work in progress as different mods capture the features more accurately than others (In one area...then vice versa).
One is an item mod that gives a hexblade ring...this version implements Hex the best, although it renews on kill until 10 turns are up. Its once per long rest so this may be a good home brew (undecided).

Hexblade is my favorite class of all time...the ultimate Gish build.

What if some of the stronger weapons and armors introduced effects to certain classes instead of adding new ones? I mean, there's a ton of classes in 5e from the other handbooks and some things are missing from BG3 already from the core handbook like the Dragonborn race. It's safe to assume that Hexblade will never become more than a mod. What if a ring just allowed you to channel your Eldritch Blast into your held weapon?

I am hoping they add a ton of subclasses, but even so, class-specific gear was featured in the other Baldurs Gate games.

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Carsomyr

Last edited by rdb100; 18/04/21 09:07 PM.
OP, you could make a poll instead ?

Looks like this is all possible classes:

Barbarian (Path of the Berserker | Path of the Totem Warrior)
Bard (College of Lore | College of Valor)
Cleric (Life Domain | Light Domain | Trickery Domain | Knowledge Domain | Nature Domain | Tempest Domain | War Domain)
Druid (Circle of the Land | Circle of the Moon)
Fighter (Battle Master | Eldritch Knight | Champion)
Monk (Way of the Open Hand | Way of Shadow | Way of the Four Elements)
Paladin (Oath of Devotion | Oath of the Ancients | Oath of Vengeance)
Ranger (Beast Master | Hunter)
Rogue (Thief | Arcane Trickster | Assassin)
Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline | Wild Magic)
Warlock (The Fiend | The Great Old One | Archfey)
Wizard (School of Abjuration | School of Evocation | School of Conjuration | School of Divination | School of Enchantment | School of Illusion | School of Necromancy | School of Transmutation)

Last edited by Starlights; 18/04/21 09:32 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by rdb100
What if some of the stronger weapons and armors introduced effects to certain classes instead of adding new ones? I mean, there's a ton of classes in 5e from the other handbooks and some things are missing from BG3 already from the core handbook like the Dragonborn race. It's safe to assume that Hexblade will never become more than a mod. What if a ring just allowed you to channel your Eldritch Blast into your held weapon?

I am hoping they add a ton of subclasses, but even so, class-specific gear was featured in the other Baldurs Gate games.

I'd rather just implementing the classes, also Pact of the Blade is a thing in PHB where instead of a pet or book you get a free magic weapon, which would fit wyll quite a lot.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Originally Posted by rdb100

I'd rather just implementing the classes, also Pact of the Blade is a thing in PHB where instead of a pet or book you get a free magic weapon, which would fit wyll quite a lot.

That might come later on at level 3. I mean they already have Pact of the Tome. It just depends on how many subclasses they decide to implement, which I hope is at least 5 more per class.
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/warlock

They are missing Weapon Bond from Eldritch Knights as well, which is also listed in the core 5e rules. It's supposed to be available as a bonus action on level 3.
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/fighter:eldritch-knight

Rangers are also screwed up in their own ways. I'm sure every class has its problems, tbh. They're not going by core rules, but implement *some* of them.

Last edited by rdb100; 19/04/21 12:54 AM.
addict
addict
Let's see how this polling tool works.

You can tick 2 boxes. Up to 2, but really you should tick 2. I can't force you to choose a race and a class. I suppose I could have done 2 polls to enforce that. Either way, it would not have yielded the race-class combinations, unless I listed 120 options (12 classes, 10 races counting Drows as Elves, as they should, and adding Gith because they're not in the PHB but clearly in the game already). And I am definitely not doing that.

Which race and class will you choose for your first playthrough when the full game is released ?
multiple choice, up to 2 choices
Votes accepted starting: 19/04/21 07:15 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Drath Malorn; 19/04/21 07:29 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard