Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What I mean is, in camp mode, characters should be appear more relaxed. We have tents nobody uses. People sleep in their armor. It makes no sense.

The obvious thing to do is what Mass Effect did. You have leisure ship clothes that are separate from your battle armor. The ship, in that game, is the equivalent of camp. It's where the character building happens and where, you, as the character feel safe. Literally looking different and more ready to downtime instead of battle is a great way to, as the player, feel more like you're in a different mode.

Plus they should have more obvious spots for collectibles and things like that. If not a fish tank or a miniature giant space hamster cage, it was Bioware after all, then something like that. Because frankly that's doing a non-combat hub right.

addict
addict
The camp is not safe. You live with a vampire and a git, who are ready to kill you at any moment. In addition, in the camp, you are also attacked by Minthara, and I have a suspicion that in some situations, monster hunters may attack because of Astarion. I can't say that camp is a safe place.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
I wouldn't say Gale is ready to kill you at any moment

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Neither are Wyll, Shadowheart or Lae'zel.

But I still hope it will really become an unsafe area.
Random (or scripted) encounters would add such a tension.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/04/21 06:16 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
One way or the other they have to make a choice. I will note even if Astarion sucks your blood, you wake up refreshed with all your spell slots so it doesn't seem so bad. The only real danger in camp is if that moron Gale gets knocked off a cliff and falls through the abyss into camp.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai

Feed boy, for God's sake!

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Dexai

Feed boy, for God's sake!

That moment when you run out of your last resurrection scroll so you lock Gale in the camp inventory chest to keep him from getting hurt

Optimistically Apocalyptic
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Ankou
One way or the other they have to make a choice. I will note even if Astarion sucks your blood, you wake up refreshed with all your spell slots so it doesn't seem so bad. The only real danger in camp is if that moron Gale gets knocked off a cliff and falls through the abyss into camp.
You can get attacked in the camp on the evil path on two occassions. So it's not completely safe.

journeyman
journeyman
Regardless of whether it's safe or not, it is semi-permanent and it would be nice if they at least got rid of the blood puddle on my sleeping roll and gave me my own tent. I'm hoping that they give us somewhere nice to stay when we get to Baldur's Gate, but it would be good if the camp could be fixed up as well.

At one point, I was so sick of how bad my camp looked that I collected a bunch of items from the ruins and the abandoned lab to spruce it up. It's pretty sad when you have to use items from ruins to make your camp look nicer. Thankfully, you can pick up most items easily and send them back to camp.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Maiandra
Regardless of whether it's safe or not, it is semi-permanent and it would be nice if they at least got rid of the blood puddle on my sleeping roll and gave me my own tent. I'm hoping that they give us somewhere nice to stay when we get to Baldur's Gate, but it would be good if the camp could be fixed up as well.

At one point, I was so sick of how bad my camp looked that I collected a bunch of items from the ruins and the abandoned lab to spruce it up. It's pretty sad when you have to use items from ruins to make your camp look nicer. Thankfully, you can pick up most items easily and send them back to camp.

You can clean blood with water you slob. :p

old hand
old hand
I do think they need to decide which way they want to lean with the camp, cause if they make it a permanent safe place then it should be built up, given an in world reason for why we reach this place and have it to ourselves (as well as a reason for the runes, even if flimsy). If they want it to be not safe then they will need to make camp variants and have hostiles attack every so often.

Also, mending should be implemented to let us clean a little surface maybe?

Last edited by CJMPinger; 07/04/21 08:38 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, even Raphael throws shade to your camp when he strolls right in. There should be an option to stay a night in the House of Hope.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Originally Posted by Maiandra
You can clean blood with water you slob. :p
Yes, I realised that once I bothered to have someone equip that spell. hahaha However, I feel that if tents can appear without me doing anything then the blood should disappear without me doing anything. It didn't even make sense the second time around because I told Astarion to find a snack somewhere else. It appeared regardless (as well as a mysterious second blood puddle later on. suspicion).

veteran
veteran
you are also attacked by Minthara
So far i was attacked in camp by:
Minthara, Halsin, Shadowheart, Lae'zel and Astarion

So agree ... camp is pretty far from "safe" laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

I'd rather avoid the need to keep saving and reloading the game when trying to rest when my team is half dead.
It wasn't fun at BG1 or BG2, and it won't be fun at B3.
This is a mechanic that doesn't matter as long as there is a quick save.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121

I'd rather avoid the need to keep saving and reloading the game when trying to rest when my team is half dead.

This add another kind of challenge (difficulty due to exhaustion), the feeling you're in a living and hostile world and another layer of tactical decisions.

I think it worth the frustration you could have if you die and have to reload just before the random encounter. An auto save before you travel would solve this.

I LOVED random encounters in the old BG. It was a bit too often (travel + sleep) but it's a huge part of why you really have the feeling of a journey in the FR.

How could this world be dangerous if nothing ever happen when you sleep in the middle of nowhere ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 08/04/21 09:27 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
R
old hand
old hand
R

This add another kind of challenge (difficulty due to exhaustion), the feeling you're in a living and hostile world and another layer of tactical decisions.

I think it worth the frustration you could have if you die and have to reload just before the random encounter. An auto save before you travel would solve this.

I LOVED random encounters in the old BG. It was a bit too often (travel + sleep) but it's a huge part of why you really have the feeling of a journey in the FR.

How could this world be dangerous if nothing ever happen when you sleep in the middle of nowhere ?

I have bad memories of random encounters in BG.
Most often, when you rested, most of your team was probably already on the fumes, which usually ended with the death of your character or the entire team (usually at the beginning of the game).
Therefore, the best way was to just load the game until you can rest.
Few things are so irritating as the need to load the game several times in a short time

veteran
veteran

I have bad memories of random encounters in BG.
Most often, when you rested, most of your team was probably already on the fumes, which usually ended with the death of your character or the entire team (usually at the beginning of the game).
Therefore, the best way was to just load the game until you can rest.
Few things are so irritating as the need to load the game several times in a short time

I agree with you, it would be boring to have to reload several times for the same rest (and if wa had one at each rest...).

That's not really how it was in the old games and I don't really remember dying a lot because of them but it was sometimes boring when you'll have 2 or 3 encounters before you suceed to rest.
I guess such mechanic can be balanced to keep the advantages and limit the issues we could have.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I put out an invite to the party on Tavbook.
Oh Shar! How did this happen?! I'm not good with computer!
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I put out an invite to the party on Tavbook.
Oh Shar! How did this happen?! I'm not good with computer!
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

But is Scratch ok...?

Link Copied to Clipboard