Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I have noticed that many of the discussions I have seen lately have focused on complaints of game mechanics that are still in development, and I believe most of the points have been beaten to death. I therefore thought I would try to engage in what I think is a more enjoyable discussion: what items from BG 1/2 you would like to see brought over to BG3?

My List for BG3:

Helm of Balduran
Cloak of Balduran
Butter knife of Balduran (why not?)
Spidersbane
Cloak of the Archmagi
Ring of Wizardy

My list for BG4 (come on we know it’s on the horizon)

Staff of the Magi
Carsomyr +5
Robe of Vecna
Ring of Gaax (I know it is OP but we will be near demigods at that point anyway)

As a non-item request, give me a Djinn camp follower I can periodically sell my stuff to.

Thoughts?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Gotta admit, I like the idea of Astarion with Golden Pantaloons. grin

veteran
veteran
All ammunitions. They weren't creating surfaces so I found cool to use them.
I'd also like to see Flame tongue rolleyes

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/04/21 08:51 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Varscona always felt special because it was the first awesome powerful sword with character you found.

journeyman
journeyman
It's been years since I played BG1 and I barely remember any of the items, but I still remember my Cloak of Non-Detection fondly. biggrin

And yes, the Golden Pantaloons should definitely make a cameo.

veteran
veteran
None cross Greywolf and live! That one for sure. My first ever playthrough I missed the narrows that take you into the Nashkell mines, so found Prism before entering the dungeon. Then once you had Varscona it was like "fuck yeah! these Kobolds don't stand a chance!" It was also nice that they brought it over in BG2. It was one of those weapons you didn't really want to sell even once you had a better sword. Keeping it just for the heirloom status hehe. Same as like the Ashideena Hammer, holding onto it for the classic flare.

I'd add also the various robes of elemental resistance in different colors. I always held onto those as well, at least 1 set to switch into periodically. Esp the Robes of Electrical Resistance, since they had the nice red trim and looked pretty badass on a villainous fighter/mage or thief/mage as well. Sporting black and red, like Elektra style robes! lol

The Heart of the Golem dagger also felt pretty badass. It had a good and memorable name that didn't strain the spell checker overmuch lol

veteran
veteran
Sorry one more request just be extra explicit, but when the Robes of the Archmagi are added (and it would be a total hard fail if they weren't), please don't follow a totally set color scheme for our armor or robes.

Instead there should be Archmagi robes in White, Gray, Black, Brown, Many Colors, and please just allow the PCs choose their own Minor and Major colors. Its a big deal. Having some equipment or weapons that glow is cool with a particular color or tint is cool and all, but if we do get the Mail of the Dead I really hope I'm able to control at least some of the trim or cloth colors.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The talking sword, just for the memes.

J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Ahh, Lilacor! I forgot about that one. +3 sentient sword with protection from psyonics. It was always my go to weapon for Minsc. I really hope that Minsc is carrying it when we meet him. I also forgot about the pantaloons. I would love to see the “Big Metal Unit” added to the next high level iteration of BG as the ultimate Easter egg. Hell, Larian can just take my money if they add the Unit. They can call it the legendary items pack and charge me another 60 bucks and I will happily fork out!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ashideena, the War hammer +2 from BG1. It eventually made its way into BG2 and even in IWD if memory serves...:)

Link Copied to Clipboard