Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#768679 07/04/21 08:44 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This has probably already been said, but just in case...

Why is offhand attack NOT receiving an Ability bonus on attack rolls? Last time I checked, D&D 5e states that offhand does not add Ability modifier only for damage, not attack. Right? I've read several different versions of the rule and they all say you just don't add it to the damage, but you still add it to the attack. Am I missing something? Is this another 5e rule nerfed for some reason?

Yes, it took me this long to notice. I've been suspicious for some time, but I never checked the combat log until now to verify. I just expected that the offhand would have the same attack bonuses as the main hand because that's the way we play D&D 5e with tabletop because that's the way I understood the 5e rules.

So am I understanding the 5e rules incorrectly, or is this another Larian homebrew? If it is another homebrew item, Larian, this is just another example of how you can't do this to people. If we are familiar with the rules and expect them to be a certain way, you can't go changing those rules on us. It's like playing a game with friends only to find out one of them isn't playing by the same rules as everyone else and that's why they're winning.

If I'm wrong, and just understanding the rules incorrectly, well, that's on me and you can all just disregard this post.

GM4Him #768684 07/04/21 08:58 AM
veteran
veteran
I guess it's just a bug more than a homebrew.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 07/04/21 08:59 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
GM4Him #768777 07/04/21 10:19 PM
Z
addict
addict
Z
There's also weird shenanigans where you as a druid want to wield the conjured flame blade on your offhand because it doesn't apply the -1 to the 3d6 -1 roll, but the damage calculation nevertheless seems off as does your mainhand damage with Shillelagh while dual wielding.

Link Copied to Clipboard