Next Thread
Print Thread
#768690 07/04/21 10:35 AM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Yeah, that's right, I killed the Owlbear, and her little cub too. So what, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

TheOtherTed #768693 07/04/21 11:19 AM
veteran
veteran
I don't get the joke.

Is it that it is evil thing to do? (I don't think it is)

Or is it that it's a difficult fight? (which it isn't thanks to height advantage and backstab being an answer to everything)

Wormerine #768694 07/04/21 12:11 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I don't get the joke.

Is it that it is evil thing to do? (I don't think it is)

Or is it that it's a difficult fight? (which it isn't thanks to height advantage and backstab being an answer to everything)

Tbh, not that difficult when not abusing those. The owlbear does a alot of damage but is still susceptible to spells and said effects so a warlock or wizard can shut her down and Astarion or other characters can bully her.

TheOtherTed #768716 07/04/21 03:14 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Honestly, I figured I'd lose - I still didn't know the game mechanics well enough to "cheese" the fight. I did get lucky with a Dissonant Whispers spell on the cub and got the option to leave it alone after the fight - but then seeing all the piles of bones and remembering all the bodies I encountered on the way pushed me right over the edge. Over the edge, I tell ya.

And then I felt bad. So I asked myself, what would Paddy Tanniger the caddy manager do?

TheOtherTed #769245 11/04/21 12:07 AM
A
A
Hope to hear from you again when you've beaten the Spectator, the other Spectator, Flind, the Hook Horrors, the Duergar, the Gith, Bernard and his Armors, the Kuo-Toa, the Minotaurs, the Mask of Vengeance, the Hag and the Bulette, and defended the grove from Minthara's hordes.

But it's a good sign that beating the Owlbear has pumped you up so much that you felt the need to share!

There's no real need for cheese (except possibly against the Bulette) - good strategy, and making sure your party has the best available equipment at all times, is usually enough, barring freakish enemy die rolls.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard