Print Thread
#768899 08/04/21 07:51 PM
J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Today I was experimenting with a ranger and discovered that I can throw pretty much anyone. It is the most op combat maneuver I have discovered. I am not sure exactly how it works, but unlike shove, it seems to have a 100% success rate. I have begun throwing goblins from heights and onto other goblins. You literally don’t need another ability. I don’t know why people are so ate up on shove as throw is the real game changer.

old hand
old hand
Shove is just far more obvious due to having a dedicated button in the UI, and I think throw is something that's restricted to higher strength characters and with smaller enemies, isn't it? Some people may not have party setups for that in this current period of the EA (as Laez'el is the only high strength companion right now, and there are many narrative reasons people may not want to include her in their main party, even if she's arguably the most essential one for combat reasons). So less people would know that throwing even exists.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 08/04/21 09:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
You have never truly lived, unless you killed goblin with another goblin. :3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
J
JJRX5 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I have to admit it is kind of fun but shouldn’t there be some kind of grappling check or saving throw? It is essentially an instant death mechanic.

old hand
old hand
Wow, that sounds ridiculous. I get how you should be able to throw SOME small creatures, IF you pass a strength check. But I mean... enemies are unwilling to be thrown, so it should be far from a given success and you shouldn't be able to throw them very far either.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Interesting, I just found out a new thing about the game. I've tried throwing bodies before, but with Lae'zel it didn't work out well.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by JJRX5
I have to admit it is kind of fun but shouldn’t there be some kind of grappling check or saving throw? It is essentially an instant death mechanic.

Yeah, I agree. I did a solo throwing playthrough with a shield dwarf urchin wizard. Min Int, Chr, Wis. Max Str, Dex, Con. Used the warped headband of intellect to make int 18. The only things I allowed myself to do in combat was throwing items, enemies and casting non offensive spells, like jump, misty step, invisibility etc. It was way easier than it should have been.

And before it gets patched out, there's the even more ridiculous teleyeetation glitch.

veteran
veteran

Exactly. I think it's lots of fun. *If* you have the strength to do it. Should be a contested strength test.

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Exactly. I think it's lots of fun. *If* you have the strength to do it. Should be a contested strength test.

Larian doesn't seem to understand 5E rules well enough to grasp the concept of opposed skill checks, or why they are necessary for such acts.

veteran
veteran
Didnt try in patch 4 so far ...
But as far as i remember, i was unable to throw Gale's corpse bcs he was "too heavy" even for Lae'zel ...

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Yeah, he's too heavy for base Lae'zel, but not to heavy for Lae'zel at lvl 4 with strength added.

Link Copied to Clipboard