Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#769332 11/04/21 04:41 PM
OP Offline
At first I found the bartering system to be a bit clumsy. Either click and drag to the selling bar, or double click an item for the same effect. I hate both of these options. I discovered recently that if you have your inventory open, you can shift click an item to mark it as "wares". When you do this, you should see a silver coin icon appear above the item in question. Then, in the barter screen, click the "sell wares" button at the bottom of your inventory and presto, all of the items you tagged are added to the sell list. Hope this helps.

veteran
veteran
Was this always in the game or was it (secretly) added with one of the patches?

I feel like I've seen a lot of posts complaining about there being a lack of a "sell-wares" button, and I certainly didn't find such a button during my playthroughs...

The "sell all wares" option was newly added in Patch 4. It was not an option prior.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Was this always in the game or was it (secretly) added with one of the patches?

I feel like I've seen a lot of posts complaining about there being a lack of a "sell-wares" button, and I certainly didn't find such a button during my playthroughs...

Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
The "sell all wares" option was newly added in Patch 4. It was not an option prior.

To be clear though before patch 4 you could still mark inventory items as wares but there was not a sell all wares button before.

veteran
veteran
To be clear - You aren't saving yourself any clicks or any time by doing this. The time you save in the merchant window is directly and exactly cancelled out by the time you have to take to mark each item as wares, and in most cases, then some on top of that, since you won't be doing it all at once and will be wasting more time opening and closing your inventory at various times.

OP Offline
Perhaps, but it spares me the need to double click or click-and-drag, both are which are the devil.

addict
addict
If we're going to be given junk and baubles the game should know it's junk, without the player having to mark it as wares.

If the player has 10 goblin bows in their inventory, the should be able to sell all goblin bows. Right click => Sell all of this item.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by footface
Perhaps, but it spares me the need to double click or click-and-drag, both are which are the devil.

It is still 2 clicks per item. Either double click while at the vendor or right click once on each item and click again on "wares" to set the wares tag. Taking the time to keep your inventory tagged with wares items and then selling them when you get to the vendor with sell all wares actually ends up being 1 extra click over just double clicking everything into the vendor sell window.

OP Offline
I'm not right clicking, though. I'm holding shift and clicking once.

Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
If we're going to be given junk and baubles the game should know it's junk, without the player having to mark it as wares.

If the player has 10 goblin bows in their inventory, the should be able to sell all goblin bows. Right click => Sell all of this item.

That would be super convenient. I'm all for that.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Niara
To be clear - You aren't saving yourself any clicks or any time by doing this. The time you save in the merchant window is directly and exactly cancelled out by the time you have to take to mark each item as wares, and in most cases, then some on top of that, since you won't be doing it all at once and will be wasting more time opening and closing your inventory at various times.

Shift left click and toss on mule, the problem happens when your mule isn't your high charisma character. Transferring gear between characters was a big hassle because inventory isn't shared when selling.

Link Copied to Clipboard