We’ve just rolled out a new hotfix for you!
This one goes out to all of you (and us) who have clearly angered the RNG Gods in a former life and been cursed to fail dice rolls at every turn.
We introduced loaded dice in Patch 4 to try to smooth out the extremes of the dice-rolling bell curve. Even with this change, we noticed in your feedback that the RNG wasn't feeling fun for you. We've seen the dice described as being harsh, cursed, rigged and someone said the RNG was downright evil. We want you to have the best experience possible when playing the game and so the changes in today’s hotfix are here to help with your hit chance, if you’re playing with loaded dice.
From now on, loaded dice will only bend RNG in the rolling character's favour. That means you will not be made to miss to make up for a lucky streak of hits. This change also applies to NPC's and enemies, so the effects on the relative challenge of combat should be minimal.
As always, playing with loaded dice is an optional feature that can be toggled on and off in the gameplay settings.
Please keep posting your thoughts about the game on Steam, our Forums, Discord, Reddit, or submit your feedback to us by clicking the Feedback button in the game launcher, so we can monitor how these changes are affecting you.
And thank you for continuing to post your Wildshape screenshots. We love them very much.
Big thanks to @surelyanne
for posting the most polite dinner party we’ve ever seen.
Again, thank you for your support during Early Access, we appreciate you being on this journey with us! Changelist:RNG:
- Disable the failure RNG debt for combat rolls
- Fixed crash when examining a deactivated entity (like the Bulette disappearing).
- Added game pages for D:OS and D:OS2
- Added a button for players to verify game files after a crash
- Double clicking via LMB on the game selection section (Top left) no longer makes the launcher details disappear.
- Update the bottom logo to add interactivity + make it clear it leads to larian.com
- Selecting a game using RMB no longer causes the player to be stuck on one game
- Added continue button so you can load your most recent save directly from the launcher