Print Thread
#769887 16/04/21 09:05 AM
V
Vlavi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
1 battle system - dissapointed. why you make it same like solasta? ordering, initiative, random not understanding, not interesting system.. . bg 2 was much better. auto pause giving you much more tactical options without restrictions. kindly ask you return full auto pause mode from bg 2 it was unique.
2 random qube - what for I have to look how cube is rotating? there is no any activities from my side, just empty click. it simply steeling my tyme in game. also it destroy atmosphere when during nice hit suddenly appear this cube and you have to look at this. remove it please.
3 Chane to penetrate enemy similar to xcom. why you make such copy paste? in bag 2 it was more chances to hit the enemy, damage can be small, but accurate was OK. please adjust.
4 why only 4 persons in my team? again solasta. camon, return standard 6 persons. no need to destroy thinks which work well before.
5 craft. nothing to say right now. I hope in final version I Wii not be disappointed.
6 to much magic from beginning. I remember in bg 2 several first lvl main damage was from ordinary weapon, then slowly start coming magic staff +1, +2, it was interesting to search any magical items. what we have now - similar from all classes spells and magic, they are many, they are useless. to much options for beginning of the game. not interesting.
7 experience. to long growing up until lvl 6. readjust. because low lvl battles are tedious. where is exp profit for lock pick, disarm traps, learning spells?
8 help system have to be improved. I really don't understand what I have to do with that goblin in knock down. what I have to use, or weit? finally he just disappear.
9 traps... again sorrow. I remember how I install traps, then provoke enemies, than escape. enemies follow me, enter traps behind the door. full my party surround them, attacking at one time... ohhh pleasure.. where is all this emotions in bg 3?
10) classes. why I have to choose class and later on get special skills? let's be opposite, first you choose skills and later on it will make efekt on my class name. I would like to be thief-druid, why not?
11) inventory. no restrictions, no limitations, only weight.. no need to store something in chest. all garbage always with me... strange. how important it was in bg2 to make order in inventory, sometimes it take hours to arrange everything, but it was pleasure. nothing in bg3 now. why?
12) some sweats in the end. respect for graphics and video inserts. keep going.

veteran
veteran
1.) A main argument for turn-based is that Larian wants to emphasize multiplayer, for which turn-based is much friendlier than real time with pause.
2.) ...cube?
3.) So you want a higher chance to hit the enemy? That's not an uncommon complaint, but I doubt there's that much difference between BG2 and BG3 to-hit chances. You probably just noticed missing less often in BG2 because RTwP happens faster. In BG3, make sure you're getting Advantage from high ground and backstabbing. These will massively increase your chances to hit.
4.) Agreed. It'd be nice to have the option for 5 or 6 party members.
6.) Agreed. There should be less magic items, particularly in shops. The weird magic items we find while exploring are fine, but the prevalence of straight upgrades (+1, magic missile amulet, etc) should be common only later in the game.
7.) Disagree. In fact, I think we reach level 4 too quickly. In particular, almost no time is spent at level 2. Lockpicking could grant experience though.
8.) Not sure what you're talking about here. Help or Knock Out? If the former, then the Help action is used to help an ally that is prone, unconscious, or entangled. I think it works properly, but there's no reason for it to be used on an enemy goblin. If the latter, then yes the knock-out non-lethal option needs to be fixed to actually work properly. Notably, enemies you knocked-out need to become non-hostile to you. Or at least there should be a check to intimidate/persuade them.
10.) ...if you played BG2 then you should be familiar with the D&D class system?? Choosing a class is one of the first things you do in character creation and it governs what abilities you get. Multiclassing (if it's implemented) should allow you to play that thief-druid.
11.) Agreed Inventory management is one of the most widely disliked things in BG3.

veteran
veteran
1) /
2) I guess you mean the dice rolls ? I agree, I don't really like them. It's too slow and immersion breaking. I'd like something faster and less intrusive.
3) Not sure what you mean. I guess mrfuji already answered. Learn the games mechanics and you'll nearly never miss anymore. It's really easy with highground and backstab.
4) Agree. I don't understand why they didn't try something else for this game. Party of 5 or 6 is needed in such a game for many reasons. But I'm not sure it's related to Solasta^^
6) Agree. Too many magical items and surfaces potions or arrows... There's not enough +1 normal weapons or +1 ammunitions and there is way too much powerfull items/consumables right at the beginning (it begin in the tutorial...)
7) I disagree. It's really fast to go to level 4. Maybe too fast.
8) I don't understand what you're talking about.
9) Being able to be able to set traps. Definitely. But please not magical traps that creates surfaces. Just normal traps as consummables or something.
10) Just... Why ?
11) I loved inventory management in BG1/2 even if it was tedious before you had bags (scrolls, potions,...). Looks like people don't like inventory management but BG3 inventory defintely need improvement.
12) Agree, the game is beautifull.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
K
stranger
stranger
K
I enjoy the battle system and very much appreciate that it's turn based.

Link Copied to Clipboard