Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amirit Offline OP
OP Offline
A minor annoyance, but annoyance nevertheless: during character creation you select "who do you dream about". For some reason that person is dressed up in a light purple female roman toga (yes, there is a difference between male and female toga https://www.romawonder.com/fashion-ancient-rome-togas-underwear-wedding-dresses/ )
This is a) out of setting, b) looks ridiculous on half the races (god, the dwarf in that thing! I could never unseen that!) c) even if somewhat works with race the color fits only pale female humans.

So, can it be changed? May be add classes to the selection panel? Only for the dressing purpose! This way if my character dreams about a druid, it will be indeed a Faerunian druid, not an ancient roman courtesan. And when someone needs a dress - wizard's robes will remain an option.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Not entirely sure if it changes based on " Host choice " / " Singlerplayer custom " - but the default absolute at least for my playthroughs always describe them as a 'her' - so a Female friendly costume as the placeholder item is the most fitting.

The only way ( for now ) to change this, would be through mods. I recommend joining the Larian discord and asking for something to be thrown together if it bothers you so much.

and yes, I'd like it to be changed as well. What if the generic fighter guy that Larian dislikes so much -- fully donned in his armour -- is what I wanna dream about? ( It's not, but I'd like the option! )

old hand
old hand
Personally, I'd definitely like to customize our "who do you dream about" tadpole friend more, select a "class" type in clothing would help in that, make it more realistic to our character's ideas of an ideal love interest

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I very much approve of getting rid of that awful toga (or well, at least add one or two more options...). I've pretty much only made female Daisys because I cannot for my life image that if I (or my character) thought of someone attractive which would happen to be male, that they then would be wearing that attire. No way, that just ain't my taste. So, like 80% of the time, my Daisy has been a female one.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Well ... people are asking for option to set starting equipment for some time now ...
It would be simpliest thing to allow the same for our dreamperson. :p

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Lethan
Not entirely sure if it changes based on " Host choice " / " Singlerplayer custom " - but the default absolute at least for my playthroughs always describe them as a 'her' - so a Female friendly costume as the placeholder item is the most fitting.

The only way ( for now ) to change this, would be through mods. I recommend joining the Larian discord and asking for something to be thrown together if it bothers you so much.

and yes, I'd like it to be changed as well. What if the generic fighter guy that Larian dislikes so much -- fully donned in his armour -- is what I wanna dream about? ( It's not, but I'd like the option! )

The absolute and the tadpole character are two different things. That's why the loved host can be of any race and any gender. And as far as I am concerned, we know the nightsong is a she. But the absolute, it's not certain.

Link Copied to Clipboard