Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Remove chain portrait system add classic rpg portrait system.to much effort for just select for one char or all party.classic char select is simple and way much better

veteran
veteran
Don't forget to give your opinion in the mega thread.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679414&page=29

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Such basic thing (normal rpg controls) STILL not being implemented is so incredibly disapointing.
Really shows how the core of BG3 is basically DoS2. Must be trouble to change the code, who knows. Do they even care? Who knows.
Maybe UI specific changes, since we had hardly ANY will come further out when its on their checklist.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 19/04/21 07:32 AM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I totally agree with u mr_planescapist

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
the core of BG3 is basically DoS2. Must be trouble to change the code, who knows. Do they even care? Who knows.
After three games I assume there is something they get out of it that they want to keep.

Perhaps there is substantial amount of players not familiar with multi-unit control, and find it easier to engage with this single character control, other follow? Whatever the reason, surely they can make chaining characters swifter and more reliable then it is.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it could have something to do with people using gamepads/controllers instead of MK perhaps ?

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
U can use classic rpg control system with other game controller/gamepad.this just copy paste from dos.this is hard and unecessary system.ppl find it hard?u just select all party with single click or just select one chat with one click.is this hard one really?

veteran
veteran
I tried the 2 systems on Nintendo Switch and to be honnest, I can't go further than the beach on DOS2 with this tedious control scheme (60$ in the garbage)
I did BG1 with the classic scheme and that's way more intuitive/friendly user. Less useless click and a better accuracy.

I really don't understand why they kept this system. I can't see any advantages after I tried the 2 systems both on console and PC.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/04/21 12:13 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
I think it could have something to do with people using gamepads/controllers instead of MK perhaps ?
It could somewhat work as an excuse if it was a GREAT system to play with a gamepad.
Incidentally, it really isn't. There are better control schemes even there.

What's funny is that even if we all know it's coming, the game currently doesn't even have a console version confirmed and it's a complete PC/Stadia exclusive so far.

Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
the core of BG3 is basically DoS2. Must be trouble to change the code, who knows. Do they even care? Who knows.
After three games I assume there is something they get out of it that they want to keep.
Which is hilarious because this system was extremely unpopular with the two D:OS as well.
And it wasn't even a matter of getting used to it, since the more the user base was forced to stick with it, the more unpopular it grew.

As someone said months ago in the "megathread" on this topic, it feels like this shitty design is some sort of pet creation from someone high in hierarchy at Larian, who just can't let it go.

Last edited by Tuco; 19/04/21 12:28 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard