Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
OK, this has been happening to my party ever since patch 3. Not too often, but exceedingly annoying.

My party are just exploring, mooching along, minding their own business, not in combat, along a flat surface, when BOOM, suddenly one of them takes 11-15 bludgeoning damage. Then, most of the time, another one. Then possibly another one; someone dies. Turn-based mode never happens. No adversary appears. All it says in the log is "[X character] takes Y bludgeoning damage". No explanation, nothing. (A reload usually solves it.)

It has mostly happened in the early part of the game: on the descent to the secret Harpers' cave, and on the beach with the fishing bear at the Druid Grove. But it has happened elsewhere, and later, notably in my last play in the Owlbear cave, and again at camp after the fight. We killed the Owlbear momma, and as I was looting, the Owlbear cub took a random 13 bludge damage out of nowhere. Then my fighter. Then Shadowheart.

Since we were all still alive, I fast-travelled back to camp. Everyone has stuff to say about Lae'zel trying to kill me ... and then, as I'm about to talk to Shadowheart, BOOM, Astarion deals a bunch of bludgeoning damage to Scratch and kills him. Same minimal explanation from the log. Party gains 5 points, no one cares. (Reload from literally seconds before that moment >> nothing happens.)

My first theory was that it was something to do with a bugged item from the Nautiloid - one of the brain jars, maybe - or an unread Shanty or love letter, or a Clamshell. But I'm increasingly convinced it's something to do with Astarion, as he has been near the damaged character every time, and has never taken damage himself. But it's NOT because he's jumped on them, because, as I said, most of the time we were walking along flat paths, or in the last case, he was standing there reading his book!

Please explain!

veteran
veteran
I believe they are bumping to each other. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard