Next Thread
Print Thread
#770575 21/04/21 10:28 AM
Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi guys,

right now I am on my second playthrough, this time with a couple of mods. And here I encounter a problem:
when I level up my priest, then in the progress from the first to the second level, it says I have to prepare 16 Spells (I only have 10)... and I cant continue leveling up so far (it show a red surface behind the "prepare the spells" Action-bar). But I cant do anything about that.
When I started the Character, there I already had a level up (but didn't save). Shortly afterwards the game crashed and since then, I have this bug.
This only happens on my PC, Shadowheart and Gale (the only ones I have so far) level up normally.

So far I play with the Harpies Meshup, the DruidArmor, the Legendary Items Pack, Improved UI, Patch3ModFixer and Gale Armour

Is there anything I could do about that?

Who needs earth, when one can conquer heaven

veteran
veteran
Prepare 16 spells?
I managed to have maximally 9 ... so i presume uninstall that mod that allowed you this, would help? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The problem is: I dont know, which mod is causing the problem....
This is, why I asked...

veteran
veteran
None of those mods should cause this problem. But the problem with mods right now is, that you can't really predict, what is going to happen.
I would go in the comment section of those mods and see if someone had a similar problem. If that's the case, I would deinstall that mod. Otherwise deinstall all of them and install one after another and check after each install, if you still have spell trouble.
But before that, I would go out of the game and load the save again, it could just have been a hickup.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Did everything, you mentioned. Even switched every single mod off. The Problem still presists.
Tonight I will tryout a new game - maybe the start with the Cleric is corrupted somehow.

veteran
veteran
I had some trouble a while back, after having installed mods. I had to do a clean install to be able to play again. I do use some cosmetic mods atm again and it works, but I gues using mods in EA can potentially break the game.

Doctor Who
Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So - I tried a new game today. I have the same Problems with the Druid, als the Cleric. 16 Slots to prepare (although I dont even have so many spells)...Switched every addon off... and have no idea, why the problem still persists. I added two addons (the hair meshup and the druid gear) into the data folder. Could there something be, that broke it?

One thing I noticed:
When I start a new game, everything in the chests stays the same. No matter, which char I have. Normally the things in the chests change. But not any more...

Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok... so then I will make a clean reinstall of the game...

Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok, I made a reinstall over night. But the problem got worse...
If I want to start a new game, but I am not able to zoom in the character-creation or to rename the character.
The optical mods, that I put in the generated folder are still there (can choose the harpies meshup as hair though)
When I load a saved game, the "level up" problem still persists (although I havent tested it on a char, that will soon level up).

So let me ask the question: When I make a clean reinstall: Do I have to delete even the game-folders and all the other folders, so I could be sure, that nothings left there?
Do I have to delete savegame-Folders as well?

veteran
veteran
I would delete them. Did that back when I had problems (for me, the UI was behaving strangely) and it worked.

Doctor Who
Elorian Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Did you have your old saves then? Or were they deleted by that?

Link Copied to Clipboard