Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hey people,

First of all, i just want to say that, despite some minor problems, so far I am really enjoying the game, you guys are doing a amazing job.

Now to my suggestions ...

In my opinion, what makes an excellent RPG is the ability to immerse the player in the game world. That said, for me a good character design is a big part of that immersion and, since you guys are looking for a more cinematic experience using cutscenes, this is even more important. At the moment, in my opinion, the characters are very uninspired and repetitive. So, after thinking about it for a while, i decided that i would post here some of my thoughts on how to improve it.

[/color]

Here we go:

.The races need more personality. For example, at the moment elves look just like humans with pointy ears, which i consider to be a downgrade from the original design in the books where they have more angular and sharp features and lighter bone structure.

.We need unique face opitions at character creation. I can't even put into words how bothered i get when i see a character with the same face as mine, this completely breaks my immersion.

.NPC's need more variety. At the moment there are way too many repeated faces.

.Cultural options for the races and the diferent backgrounds, like diferent tattoos, gear and ornaments. For exemple, a dwarf should have unique options for his beard.

[color:#FFFF33]

Well ... that's it for now, thanks to everyone who read this. I hope all of you are doing well in these difficult times.

Last edited by lilmonster; 22/04/21 02:02 AM.
veteran
veteran
Ive seen similar posts. You are not alone.

The halflings really freak me out. Proportions look all wrong. I like playing halflings usually, but not this game.

And yeah, seeing your face on another character, it is weird and unfun.

Elves didn't bother me at first. I think everyone is now used to movie elves like Legolas, so elves in a lot of minds are just humans with pointy ears. After I thought about it, yeah, they probably should look more elfish...same with Drow.

And we need more voices. We need tough voices and gravel voices, etc. My Drow Fighter sounds all wrong

Last edited by GM4Him; 22/04/21 02:52 AM.
They also need to fix some of those horrible hair styles. Some of the mens hair styles look like 18th century wigs (not a fan). Give me some short punk spiked hair styles without the stupid shaved sides at least.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Ive seen similar posts. You are not alone.

The halflings really freak me out. Proportions look all wrong. I like playing halflings usually, but not this game.

And yeah, seeing your face on another character, it is weird and unfun.

Elves didn't bother me at first. I think everyone is now used to movie elves like Legolas, so elves in a lot of minds are just humans with pointy ears. After I thought about it, yeah, they probably should look more elfish...same with Drow.

And we need more voices. We need tough voices and gravel voices, etc. My Drow Fighter sounds all wrong

Yeah the halflings are pretty bad... They should have gone with the body proportions similar to a hobbit.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I too feel the Halflings appear too childlike in their proportions.

veteran
veteran
Ysettings.Yeah, they're just...just...wrong.

At least give me something akin to Lord of the Rings Hobbits, but even that wouldn't be preferred. It's almost like they took the model heads off of the taller models and stuck them on a shrunken model body. So they almost look to me like Bobble Heads.

veteran
veteran
It's especially bad, when you play a tiefling. My favorite tiefling face is the one, that they use for Alfira too. That face is everywhere. It's bad enough, that an unique NPC like Alfira looks like tiefling girl number 3, it's even worse that tiefling girl number 3 looks like my character - and with better hair options.
And yes, the proportions of halfling could be handled better.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
You really should try search button in top right corner ...
Its older topic, but if you search long enough you will find it ... someone allready mentioned how Elves should have looklike, including pictures and drawings ... it was really good work.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/04/21 12:48 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Tieflings are an excellent example of what i'm saying. They are the most numerous race in this part of the game, and because of that we can see how many repeated faces they used

Last edited by lilmonster; 22/04/21 05:45 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I have a feeling all the current faces are placeholders.

I'm hoping when everything is said and done, we'll have dozens of facial option and not locked pointlessly to 1 subrace of the same full race.

There's mods adding faces and some of them are pretty good; others... they lack Larians tools.

But yes. Most players want more custom stuff, period.

Tey Offline
apprentice
apprentice
To me, female faces of Elves, Draws (who share elve's models) and humans are a bit too manly. Giving these girls bigger eyes would fix 90% of this little issue.

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I'd also like to see some softer faces for ladies.

Link Copied to Clipboard