Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770893 24/04/21 06:42 PM
OP Offline
I've been playing a solo run as a moon druid and made easy work out of a fight that should have been much harder. There was a spot around the corner where the enemy's vision couldn't reach. I found this spot and hid. This caused all of the enemies to derp out, stand still, and spout generic bad guy lines, such as "you're going down, nerd!" I was free to pop out, shoot, and then hide again. The enemy could not withstand me.

Shouldn't enemies be aware of my last known location? Shouldn't they investigate? If I was fighting a real person with any sense, I would have died, or at least had to have changed my tactics.

There's also the fact that I can pick pocket an infinite number of items by turning off all of the lights around an npc, turn on turn based mode, and steal until my heart's content. If I cast guidance on myself beforehand, the DC will be lowered. AND because of the way guidance works, I can click on an item, see the way guidance has affect the DC, and if I don't like it, click another item, click on the original, and guidance will reroll. DC of 4? I can get it down to 1 by clicking away and clicking back.

Then again, I still fail sometimes, even when the DC is 1, which is not how skill checks work.

footface #770963 25/04/21 07:03 AM
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Sounds like you built a sniper. Part of me is ok with this because you were essentially sniping people from stealth. Nonetheless, the sound of a bow firing should cause the mob to investigate, but the AI is poor. The stealing from stealth is kind of op right now.

Link Copied to Clipboard