Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Compared to PnP, the Druid of the Moon bear is awful.

Here is the Brown Bear statblock from Roll20: https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Brown%20Bear

The tooltip doesn't take into account that the Strength becomes that of the beast, the bear only has a claw attack in the game. Not to mention that this bear lacks Multiattack. The Brown Bear form is one of the most iconic forms for a Moon Druid in 5e PnP. In addition, that form has 4 more hit points than it has in the game.

I'd suggest adding real statblocks of the beasts from MM to the druid wildshapes available.

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
Honestly, the polar bear should be changed to a Brown Bear, and the Brown Bear changed to a black bear.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
True, but you also don't get it until level 6.

Should they have used a brown bear - possibly, but I doubt they would have given it multiattack, so they would have homebrew it anyway.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You get brown bear at level 2. Are you suggesting it's better to get polar bear early when it's actually worse than a CR1 brown bear?

Last edited by Ankou; 05/05/21 10:47 PM.
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
hmmmmmmmm

Last edited by urktheturtle; 06/05/21 01:29 AM.
The brown bear is probably a bit too strong for the early game of BG3. I bet it would tear up a lot of weaker enemies, like the goblins. In DnD, your DM can prepare encounters for your party and adapt on the fly. A video game could be made to, but I don't expect them to do that. I would be okay if it unlocked at level 4.

That said, polar bear sucks big time. I used it once, and that was only for the hit points. I ended up losing that fight anyway.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Ankou
You get brown bear at level 2. Are you suggesting it's better to get polar bear early when it's actually worse than a CR1 brown bear?

No, I am saying that they would have to homebrew any bear, since all of them have multiattack and they are not implementing that into EA yet.

So whether it is black/brown/polar doesn't matter.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You're more optimistic than me if you think this is a temporary EA issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard