Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#772409 07/05/21 09:01 PM
OP Offline
My PC really chokes on this game. During a fight, the game runs smoothly for whatever reason, but during dialogue and exploration, the game gets really choppy for long periods of time. I occasionally get some relief, and the game will run buttery smooth for about 15-30 seconds, then it's back to the suffering.

I don't think it's my graphics card. The game runs just as choppy on the lowest settings as it does on the highest.

I'm hoping it's my RAM. I have 8 gbs, and I think the game requires 16. If that's the case, the upgrade will be easy.

This may be a dumb question, but could my RAM be the cause of the problems I'm seeing?

veteran
veteran
16 GB would be great for many games. Unless it is too expensive, you should get it! smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
Could be a few things, without knowing the spec of your pc it's difficult to say but RAM would be a good place to start.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by SgtMisfire
Could be a few things, without knowing the spec of your pc it's difficult to say but RAM would be a good place to start.

I'm not at my computer, but off the top of my head...
CPU Amd Fx 8350
Gpu R9 380x

A
stranger
stranger
A
I was running Baldur's Gate 3 on an 8 year old i7 4770K processor with a 2 GB (GT460 if I recall) card and it ran perfectly fine. I did have 16GB of RAM so that just might be your choke point.

OP Offline
Quick update. I bought some ram. 2x8 gb, DDR3 1866. Game crashed on launch. It worked fine after I throttled the speed back to 1600 through the bios, but the game is as choppy as ever. Oh well.

Link Copied to Clipboard