Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#772485 08/05/21 08:30 PM
A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Just fought the Duergar on the boat at the end of EA (having decided to try something other than pushing the dude in, and failed all the rolls). One Duergar jumps across and thwacks my ranger. Our turn.

Have one Void Bulb in my inventory, so decide try to my luck. Wyll tosses it on to their deck and puts FOUR of them in the drink.

Have had some good fun with bulbs in the past, but that's definitely the best outcome I've had from a single throw. Anyone else have any stories involving the Illithid yoinking stones?

veteran
veteran
Githyanki patrol.
Void bulb + moonbeam. 4D10 before their first move.

Any goblins group.
Void bulb + cleave. Many dead.

Any other powerfull group.
Void bulb + 7D6 OP poison + cleave. All dead.

Void bulbs are ridiculously OP, like a lot of consumables in this game.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 08/05/21 09:12 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Noice!

I guess for the Giths you'd have to do that before initiating dialogue, which feels kinda cheaty, but I'll try it anyway.

veteran
veteran
You don't get a saving throw against Void Bulbs, do you?

Like.. if that effect was a spell in D&D, it would have a saving throw. Case in point, using a 2nd level spell slot gets you this:

Gust Of Wind
2 evocation

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (60-foot line)
Components: V S M (A legume seed)
Duration: Up to 1 minute
Classes: Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard

A line of strong wind 60 feet long and 10 feet wide blasts from you in a direction you choose for the spell’s duration. Each creature that starts its turn in the line must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 15 feet away from you in a direction following the line.

Any creature in the line must spend 2 feet of movement for every 1 foot it moves when moving closer to you.
The gust disperses gas or vapor, and it extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames in the area. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 50 percent chance to extinguish them.

As a bonus action on each of your turns before the spell ends, you can change the direction in which the line blasts from you.

And enemies being sucked in by Void Bulbs for an AoE is much much more abusable than pushing things away defensively.

So... Saving Throws don't work in a video game, or what gives with these OP consumables? Very much OP because they can be instant death without saving throw if there's a pit.

Last edited by 1varangian; 09/05/21 12:10 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard