Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Please make Sneak Attack a toggle instead of a declared attack, the same way Great Weapon Master feat gives you a toggle for the +10 damage/-5 accuracy or the Warlock gets a toggle for Repelling Blast. One of the benefits of Sneak Attack is that it is possibly to trigger it on both mainhand and offhand attacks. Seeing as abilities like Colossus Slayer can trigger automatically, I don't see why Sneak Attack should have to be declared, especially since this is breaking with the tabletop game.

This would also allow adding spells like Booming Blade without making it useless for Rogues, who normally benefit greatly from such spells.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
S
addict
addict
S
A toggle would be better than what we have right now, but I'd much prefer if the game just checks on every atteack if sneak attack applies, and if it does, then you deal sneak attack. No extra button needed.

D
D
Originally Posted by Sigi98
A toggle would be better than what we have right now, but I'd much prefer if the game just checks on every atteack if sneak attack applies, and if it does, then you deal sneak attack. No extra button needed.
The benefit of the toggle is in the ability to not use your sneak attack on the first hit (which you should be able to do). You will have the toggle on most of the time. But if you want to finish a 1hp enemie, befor moving and attacking again, you'll be able to not waste your sneak attack.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dastan McKay
The benefit of the toggle is in the ability to not use your sneak attack on the first hit (which you should be able to do). You will have the toggle on most of the time. But if you want to finish a 1hp enemie, befor moving and attacking again, you'll be able to not waste your sneak attack.

Exactly. It'll probably be active 99% of the time, but once in a while you want to attack without it. And we really want to not have Sneak Attack as a declared attack, both because having 2 chances makes Sneak Attack a tad more reliable and because they might add melee weapon attack cantrips to Arcane Tricksters, which is part of their primary draw in tabletop these days, and we really don't want to have to choose between casting Booming Blade and using Sneak Attack when they are designed to work together.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Dastan McKay

Yeah that's a good point, I haven't thought of that.

veteran
veteran
+1
Either toggle or automatic application would be better than the current sneak attack ability. We should be able to sneak attack on off-hand attacks if the first attack misses. We should be able to sneak attack on opportunity attacks. We should be able to sneak attack when using other attack-type abilities (if applicable).

Link Copied to Clipboard