Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Dez
Originally Posted by acatlas
Having beta tested a bunch of other releases for content and played early access on 2 other games currently in release schedule for the current genra Whilst the base release of the game was great the addion of content and news has been so lack luster when you compare the content release between them its kind of sad and while I get coding takes time the base infrastructure is already present meaning it should be alot easier to add more content. With as many people present to the game as there is. You have companies able to add complete expansions to most games every 3-4 months.

And we have seen a class added since launch in comparison you could look at games like dota, LoL, smite ect adding new characters every month. In comparison mind you there is not as much pathing to do but the infrastructure for pathing should already be present it should just be adding coding through a generator tool to add the character class into the game. They should just need to code the mechanics and test that it works as intended to the tool. NWN2 had its initial release OCT 2006 and you were seeing full expansions nearly 6 months later. Which contained as many as 4-6 classes in some cases. Comparing that I would expect to see the same kind of content added to the game during early access to reach the goals of the initial release date. Plus if they had plans for e3 you would expect a kind of teaser that news was coming out at e3. Just to get everyone paying attention. I would not get my hopes up. I only even checked back on the forums because it was e3 weekend.

I agree with your main point to some degree, I do find it very odd for an instance that we have not gotten some classes / subclasses yet. And the reason I find it weird is because it will be difficult for us to help Larian if they do not allow us to test the classes. I do not even agree on your point that there has to be new stuff added to the game all the time in order for it to feel alive and well, but rather plain engagement from the developers will do.

Either way - I get the joke, but you're not being fair when comparing finished moba games with a CRPG in EA. These are COMPLETELY different games, with basically nothing in common. And on top of that, the arguments you used are plain incorrect. LoL do most certainly not add a new character every month. They have 3-5 new characters a year. Dota2 usually only add 2-3 characters a year. Smite I do not know, but I very much doubt it is one per month.

Regarding E3, I am with the earlier posts saying that E3 is hardly relevant for a game as far into development as BG3. However, Larian might have been waiting to make their announcement to somehow benefit from the E3 hype - I do not know. We'll just have to wait and see, right now all we have is their "soonTM", and we do not even know what we're waiting for. :']

Mobas were just a more staple example here I mean you could compare owlcat with pathfinder wrath of the righteous in patchs vs bg 3 in the same state path finder releases 5 classes 2 acts 1 paragon prestige class to the game and several and hundreds of items to the game in the same length of time as bg 3 adds 1 class. I mainly listed a moba as an example of 1 class vs 1 class time lengths rather than being more specific. NwN 2 Which is old school again 5 classes added in 6 month time window. You could even compare it with the modders adding classes to the game faster than Larion I dont particularly like the example of modders as your just adding the class an no dialogue specifics or anything but its just an example. The initial game got 1 major update after the release in the form of adding druid after 5 months now were another 4 months and we have no news of anything major so to compare that 1 class after 4 months again would just be like a slap in the face it would be better to be releasing small content adds regularly as well that big adds every several months assuming its even a big edition. But if its like 1 class again you are comparing a huge amount of time for very little to be added. The first time that happened it was like meh they took a long time because they were reducing the upload time by condensing the uploads to smaller amounts not such a big deal now its just like really a poor showing of faith towards the community to be this long without an update.

I would expect like 1-2 classes 1-2 races character model improvements dozens of items at additional story content even possibly at least being allowed to play beyond level 4 and see maybe level 6 or 8 the longer they take the more you expect from a patch. You can compare any genera of game releasing content typically content patchs every 3 - 4 months in most games run a complete expansion to a game or a dlc running around 15.00 in value worth of content. I would expect a significant amount more out of early access than what we have been seeing. Just compare the other 2 crpgs currently competing with larion and what they put out vs what larion has released so far content wise and the cost comparison. - I dont like to use those specifically as its something the mods here non stop all the time. Solasta / Wotr is all over the place. So I tried to use non specific examples of a moba class release as an example of a class or class content in a game in comparision. 1 Class shouldnt take 4 months to patch into a game as they should have coded for the most part editing tools to make that more efficient.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
There are companies that made much worst decisions with early access and content / responses. Focus Home Entertainment being one of them I would highly recommend not even buying the games themselves till about 4-6 months after they are released if at all. But when you have people investing in your EA pre-order more or less you would want to keep those people around as they invested in you as a company. There are plenty of good examples of game developers interacting with there players in good faith to improve a game. Taking 1 hour a week to sit down and Q&A with the community is not hard for companies as there are games that have staff of around 40-50 that can manage that. When larion has a staff of around 300 or so its not unreasonable to expect that kind of similar Q&A treatment from developers where they could speak to the community.

Especially if they are not going to generally put out an update or a road map on content.

Last edited by acatlas; 12/06/21 02:11 PM.
Joined: Jun 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by The Composer
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.

So today?

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by The Composer
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.

So today?

Today is the big announcement kick off to e3 yes and new content / releases. Panels are packed for next 3 days. Nothing interesting really showed up in news yesterday.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
I really dont understand where did you get that ...
We were promissed community update, NOT patch. O_o

You are hurting only yourself, when you create such expectations. :-/


Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
Well you can see via SteamDB that they have been working very hard on Patch 5, updating every day during the week, sometimes multiple times a day. (Not that I've been checking multiple times a day. Um. Ok I have. lol)
However I am waiting for the promised community update first, patch 5 second. RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

While I agree they might be working on something pretty big for the patch, what annoys me the most is the community being promised a community update, and then complete silence for a month. In today's fast paced world where updates and information are almost expected to be at our fingertips, that just isn't a good look for a big company such as Larian.

I am ready to forgive them when the promised update and/or Patch 5 comes out though, as I'll be back playing BG3 in a heartbeat.

Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

Eh, he's being a bit disingenuous as usual.
While he's "technically correct", the only time the update and the patch weren't published at the same time so far has been with Patch 4 in February, and only because circumstances highlighted some annoying bug at the last minute.
According to what the developers stated explicitly it was originally supposed to drop right after the now infamous "Panel From Hell #2".


Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Joined: Mar 2021
Location: Austin, TX
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2021
Location: Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Well you can see via SteamDB that they have been working very hard on Patch 5, updating every day during the week, sometimes multiple times a day. (Not that I've been checking multiple times a day. Um. Ok I have. lol)
However I am waiting for the promised community update first, patch 5 second. RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

While I agree they might be working on something pretty big for the patch, what annoys me the most is the community being promised a community update, and then complete silence for a month. In today's fast paced world where updates and information are almost expected to be at our fingertips, that just isn't a good look for a big company such as Larian.

I am ready to forgive them when the promised update and/or Patch 5 comes out though, as I'll be back playing BG3 in a heartbeat.

Its odd to have this much complete radio silence. You know I think it just increases expectations though because everyone is thinking "OMG it must be a huge reveal!" - but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

Like nothing else, no classes, just gnomes...


Blackheifer
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
It was theorized by people but they are not listed on E3 listings because people said it would be out shortly. A month ago everyone assumed e3 but they are not listed on the E3 release announcements program schedule. Vampire Bloodlines rework was announced yesterday as another company took it over and it was renamed bloodhunt. There was also the Evil Dead game announcement and some borderlands games revealed today nothing else really stand out for most people. I think someone on the forums mentioned lost ark. Which was a koren mmo i believe or rpg that was ported over to english at e3 announcements. Capcom and Square I believe are tomorrow.

Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2021
Location: Australia
I think people (myself included) were just hanging on to E3 as a beacon of hope for some kind of news, any kind of news about BG3... since it's been so long since we heard from Larian, it was a collective best guess as to a date to look forward to, to hang on to in our minds. Was there a logical reason? No, probably not.

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
I really hope they just send out some kind of message, even something vague like "We encountered some issues and had to delay things, we don't know when the next update will happen at this time." While we would still wait awhile, it'd definitely soothe some worries.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Tuco
the only time the update and the patch weren't published at the same time so far has been with Patch 4 in February, and only because circumstances highlighted some annoying bug at the last minute.
According to what the developers stated explicitly it was originally supposed to drop right after the now infamous "Panel From Hell #2".
I presume if we will expecting only Community Update, we can be only surprised pleasantly ...
If we will expect Patch 5 in the same day, and it will not come, it will be source of yet another frustration ...
And that frustration will be obviously even worse, the more we will expect of that Patch. wink

That was whole point. :-/

//edit:
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

Like nothing else, no classes, just gnomes...
That would mean i would be finaly able to create my moost favourite character of all time?
Personaly i would be exited. laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by acatlas
Vampire Bloodlines rework was announced yesterday as another company took it over and it was renamed bloodhunt.
Nah ...
Bloodhunt is about 3/4year ago anounced Battle Royal PvP game, and it have nothing to do with Bloodlines, except same universe. wink
If you watch Outstar, she was talking about it on her channel (or in WoD news) that she is partialy affraid that people will see it as Bloodlines becoming Bloodhunt, but she ensured us multiple times that its not the case. smile

Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
Yeah, it was never official ... talking for myself it was something like:
"We are suppose to get something soon ... there is this action soon ... Larian participatet last year ... so maybe."
It seems like i was once again wrong. laugh
At least im not alone this time. laugh

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:42 AM. Reason: deleted forum account

Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Jun 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by acatlas
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by The Composer
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.

So today?

Today is the big announcement kick off to e3 yes and new content / releases. Panels are packed for next 3 days. Nothing interesting really showed up in news yesterday.

Well nothing happened.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
They are not on the schedule currently as noted before. Square Enix / Capcom is on schedule for today.

Joined: Mar 2021
Location: Austin, TX
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2021
Location: Austin, TX
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

Like nothing else, no classes, just gnomes...
That would mean i would be finaly able to create my moost favourite character of all time?
Personaly i would be exited. laugh laugh laugh

Gnome Ranger? Remember, no additional classes, just...Gnomes.


Blackheifer
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Gnome Ranger? Remember, no additional classes, just...Gnomes.
Gnome Wizzard smile
I was thinking about making her a Sorcerer, but unless Pyromancer is included, Wizzard suits me fine enough. laugh

BTW why would that be a problem? Rangers are allready there, arent they? O_o


Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Pleeeaaase today is the last day for "soon".
Just give us some news please. Anything.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/06/21 03:23 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
What?
Why today? O_o


Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
What?
Why today? O_o

Because 1 month + 3 days is the last day you can talk about saying "soon".

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Oh. I see. smile
I was just wondering if there is any other occasion it would fit ...

//edit:
I just need to say that i find it little sad that Larian didnt parcipiate on E3 ...
That way there would be at least one interesting game. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/06/21 04:42 PM.

Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5