Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
I don't see any harm in adding more masculine face options, though I personally did not feel like the game had more feminine than masculine faces?
Personally, as much as I know larian doesn't like these, I hope eventually they give us access to sliders. Then we could have whatever face we want and position our horns and such however we want.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I don't see any harm in adding more masculine face options, though I personally did not feel like the game had more feminine than masculine faces?
Personally, as much as I know larian doesn't like these, I hope eventually they give us access to sliders. Then we could have whatever face we want and position our horns and such however we want.

Yes please.

I would much rather have sliders and customization options than what we get. Imo Larian made a big mistake deciding to go the digital scan route. Personally I feel it was a huge waste of time and money on their part. I'm a little over 300 hours now into this EA and I've never once, seriously not 1 time, had my MC make a facial reaction to something that was said to them that didn't just look off. I honestly don't think I've seen any real reaction in the MC's face. No matter what the situation, when it cuts over to my MC the expression on my face is basically the same bland look regardless.

I'd much rather have the ability to make truly unique and interesting MCs than watch them make the same face repeatedly to whatever situation pops up.

veteran
veteran
+1 to the OP's post.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by OcO
I'm a little over 300 hours now into this EA and I've never once, seriously not 1 time, had my MC make a facial reaction to something that was said to them that didn't just look off. I honestly don't think I've seen any real reaction in the MC's face. No matter what the situation, when it cuts over to my MC the expression on my face is basically the same bland look regardless.

Actually if you do the Weeping Dawn sequence to where she plays the epic version of the song you will see your MC smile and nod in happiness and enjoyment.

old hand
old hand
I hope they add more customization options in general, but not least relating to faces (complete with scars and such), body types and voices.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
Yes, please add stereotypical "strong" masculine options to appease the neckbeard horde's insatiable desire for wishful projection, cough, roleplay....

Also, if we're going that road, please add option to increase boob size on females as they all look like flat-chested gender fluid angry twitter feminists for the moment and this might impact sales among insecure teenage boys negatively.

There you go OP, good troll, I took the bait and swallowed it.

Not sure if troll or not - but idk, I find that reasoning laughable. "Neckbeard horde's insatiable desire"? For real...

There is no harm in wanting more faces and I really don't get the reasoning in that it would be "trolling" to wish for more types of faces, regardless of which stereotype they follow (if they do follow any at all).

I also did not really feel like I could make the male human fighter that I had in mind due to no face being even remotely similar to what I had in mind. I wanted to make a rugged, mature (as in 40-50+) veteran fighter that had a rather rough expression but I did not feel like I could get that with our current options.

As for "increase boob size" I really don't get what your problem is. <.< I certainly wouldn't mind more body types added. More curves and less curves, thinner and thicker, taller and shorter - idm, I just want variation.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bhaloc
Hello everybody,
i bought the game yesterday and I am happy to meet you all.

After spending 5 hours in the character editor yesterday, I had to realize that there is only ONE face that corresponds to my ideas of a tough male man. (Dwarf head 3).

Everyone else looks very androgynous and boyish.

Where are the wrinkles, the scars, the dirt, the underflowing eyes, the character? The faces and also the bodies fit more into a paperboy simulator. Even then, pimples would be missing. wink

Am I the only one who feels like that, or do you all play female characters?

I totally get you. Its a bit ageist innit? I had to really work to make someone who looks remotely like they lived a bit, male pattern baldness was the best I could do. But scars would be nice, age lines, and crows feet.

ah well.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
It's absolutely true the more gruff male heads and muscular models are missing entirely. Or more aged models for both male and female characters. Or less attractive or "average" faces. Maybe I'd like to create a short or tall person.

BG3 only lets me create good looking lean, attractive, young, tall people. This is an RPG, not a supermodel simulator. Some variation definitely wouldn't hurt.

stranger
stranger
From data mining people found out that different sizes will be added to the game

M
Machinus
Unregistered
Machinus
Unregistered
M
Being masculine is considered "toxic" and shameful.

S
stranger
stranger
S
agreed with OP. We need the option for buffer and/or older looking characters.

old hand
old hand
I play female and male characters, would also love to see more options. Can't make any of my non elf male characters the way I imagine them with this lack of faces and body types. It seems we should be getting different body types but I would like to see more faces and definitely face and body scars (also short mohawk hair style.)

P
addict
addict
P
Yeah their male face choices are very limited. The ladies were obviously the major focus since of course that they're the most popular choices in most games. I play both depending on what I want out of each character, and I totally agree, they need to add more options for the male models, and hey more boob choices wouldn't be bad either. It is a game, that is one thing I think Larian dropped the ball with, and that is character creator. You should be able to adjust all parts of the body for the head, chest, waist, legs etc. I mean look at Black Desert Online. The character creator has come a long way from the OG days of DA:O, and that is what the creator in this game feels like, although it does have top notch textures and hair etc.

Last edited by Pandemonica; 24/05/21 05:50 AM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by PolyHeister
From data mining people found out that different sizes will be added to the game
Dont make your hopes much high tho ...
That could as well be just bodies for biger races, as Dragonborn, or Half-Orc ... wich should certainly not work with curent body size. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Same opinion. There were no masculine faces in Dos2 but this game is different (here we go again :)) and one step ahead. So we neep options and hope they will come. I believe Larian will eventually satisfy us.

A
veteran
veteran
A
... I just tried to imagine what a "tough, manly halfling" would look like ...

I'm notat all surprised that the wish for a "tough, manly looking characters" was posted by men irst. I never have seen a similar wish by women to have "cosy, femanly looking charascters", so to say. It's always male players who demand first.

And I can very well imagine a "storm" coming from the same male players if there was a woman demanding a "tough looking female" character look.
I mean, the usuual reactions of male players are like this : "Men should look grim, dark, clothed entirely in black, if possible, manly and tough, and women should look like Hello Kitty".
This isn't diversity in looks. It is quite the opposite.

My own opinion on that is this : I can only play what i have at least in part in my self.
And, fate gave me that too small body without a manly look.
Which meant for me, that I could never played manly looking charactersm because throughout my whole life, I never had that in me.

So, I have emancipated myself from the cliché of those grim, tough, manly looking characters. Games which have that are simply not played by me. My money is saved.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
And I can very well imagine a "storm" coming from the same male players if there was a woman demanding a "tough looking female" character look.

Well - the game already has that for women, though, for the most part. The female characters are classically thin/athletic-looking, and I wouldn't mind a slightly larger aka average build for a human female character, or a strong farmer-girl build even. I can't really imagine Elves being anything other than slender and elegant in terms of build, though, but that's coming from commonly accepted fantasy elf mythology.

Female characters do have the options of having a "tougher appearance" at least when it comes to hairstyles (short hair, messy hair, shaved head, dreadlocks, etc - not just your usual damsel-in-distress glossy curls!). And the armour designs in game so far are excellent for female characters. They are fantasy armour but they do look practical, and they cover all the essential bits. No complaints here!

I do wish scars were included as options, as they appear on the companions - but we've got to remember this is EA and the character design options we are seeing are very likely unfinished, and more options could/should be added.

Banned
Banned

I'm notat all surprised that the wish for a "tough, manly looking characters" was posted by men irst. I never have seen a similar wish by women to have "cosy, femanly looking charascters", so to say. It's always male players who demand first.

I mean, the usuual reactions of male players are like this : "Men should look grim, dark, clothed entirely in black, if possible, manly and tough, and women should look like Hello Kitty".
This isn't diversity in looks. It is quite the opposite.

My own opinion on that is this : I can only play what i have at least in part in my self.
And, fate gave me that too small body without a manly look.
Which meant for me, that I could never played manly looking charactersm because throughout my whole life, I never had that in me.

So, I have emancipated myself from the cliché of those grim, tough, manly looking characters. Games which have that are simply not played by me. My money is saved.

So, let me get this straight:

You're scornful of men who want the character creator to have tough and manly features to represent themselves.

Games that have them don't get your money. Sure, by all means, it's your money.

But you don't seem to have any contrition for wanting games that let you represent yourself.

Why is it okay for you to want representation in games, but not okay for men who don't look like you to get theirs?

Do words like "hypocrisy" and phrases like "lack of self-awareness" exist in your world?

Edited to add:

By all means, ask for the character creator to allow you to make men of a slimmer build. But do you think it's okay to disparage someone for asking something different? What's so special about you?

Last edited by Passerby; 24/05/21 11:41 AM.
veteran
veteran
Behold my Geralt of Hobbitsville.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Tuco; 24/05/21 11:33 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Passerby
Do words like "hypocrisy" and phrases like "lack of self-awareness" exist in your world?

Edited to add:

By all means, ask for the character creator to allow you to make men of a slimmer build. But do you think it's okay to disparage someone for asking something different? What's so special about you?

Knock it off. By all means debate the topic but don't make personal attacks.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard