Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hey i realized that the armor designs are way different from those we see in Divinity 2 even though the game's time frame takes place in the same time , a few years earlier mostly yet we never see Seekers nor Champions of Aleroth.
I dont know if i have skipped something but is there any armor that resembles those of the previous game? Maybe Mods that add this?

The champions looked really good , like Spartan medieval kind.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm a bit puzzled, DKS is Divinity 2... do you mean Original Sin 2? In that case I suppose I hadn't really thought about it but it does seem that the armour and general appearance (and map...) is completely redone with each new release.

It is possible to import and export models from DKS and I've done so myself a fair bit, though I would need to check the copyright issues before I could comment further. In fact I'll start asking questions now before I forget, though that doesn't necessarily mean I'll get an answer.

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
And I now have my answer (thanks, Jess!)

There's no problem with using the DKS armours in other Divinity games. Anything beyond that would need further clarification but converting them for use in e.g. DOS2 is fine.

The technicalities for doing so aren't especially well documented though I created a guide and a couple of utilities for unearthing stuff from DKS's data files which can be pressed into service if required. I can't claim any of them are especially well-written nor even well-conceived given that all were a bit of a case of making it up as I go but they do (or did) work.

The time-consuming bit would be converting them to fit DOS2 models. You're on your own there: I don't have the patience. :p

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard