Print Thread
#774019 22/05/21 07:08 PM
U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I would like to grab a specific type of lighting torch, a brazier, a bench, maybe some of the furniture from the places we visit, and be allowed to add it to my campsite. May not be too practical, but I thought about it while decorating around the camp's campfire to make the resting cutscene more fun. Even if it were all to disappear during act transitions/camp location changes, I'd still be personally interested.

veteran
veteran
My counter-argument would be "Don't give Larian even more reasons to keep this one-unique-camp-from-everywhere thing around".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Fair point - maybe a post release addition!

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I am with Tuco regarding the campsite thing.

HOOOWEEEVER, if we were to get housing options later in the game - like the castle in PoE - then I would approve of the idea to get trophies / decoration for that instead.

I have no idea whenever Larian is actually planning to include this kind of stuff, but if they do - then it would be a possible solution for those who want to collect stuff. c:

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
2 of the mods I'm hoping to be able to add post release deal with just this issue. Modders feel free to steal/create these for me. hehe

Mordekeinen's Maturing Mansion: Based on the success of his famous Magnificent Mansion, Mordekeinen created a different variation of the spell that links a private extra-dimensional mansion to a single person. Cast on the recipient at birth this new version matures over time as the benefactor does until reaching full development at the age of 18. At this point the recipient has the ability to access the mansion just like the standard Magnificent Mansion spell. This version, tied to a set individual, loses the ability to provide food and invisible servants in exchange for making the space permanent. There is no 1 day time limit for the recipient and allowed guests or items left in the space.
This is basically just your average personal home mod, however I thought I'd try to come up with a potentially lore friendly reason for the MC having it.

United Faerun Parcel Service: This mod would be for moving things like tables/chairs/other items that can't be picked up and adding them to your camp...bonus points if the maker of the above MMM mod could incorporate this function into that mod so we can move stuff into our private mansion.

Every run so far I've kept a crate filled with neato items I've saved for use in decorating my living space. Haven't yet taken the time to actually place everything and play around with the camp, but still collect a number of things each time just in case this is the time I decide to do so. hehe

E
addict
addict
E
Decorations for a fixed abode I am all for, assuming we get a ‘stronghold’. But the notion of lugging a bench or wardrobe around when your party is supposed to be travelling great distances is patently ridiculous. Personally I cannot stand the immersion breaking fixed camp so I’d rather not see anything added that reinforces that mechanic.

old hand
old hand
Didn't really think about it but ya, there probably will be house/deco mods. Depending on how the game is setup for chapters I can see persistent or temp housing.

Kind of wonder if we'll get a sleep any where mod that removes the base period.

U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
The fact that my character can carry 40 wooden boxes can be seen as absurd too, so my thought was, if 40 boxes, why not decorations? Wouldn't even have to be big things. I'd settle for flags, tapestries, braziers, torches, chairs/benches, war banners etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard