Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#774338 26/05/21 03:04 AM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Is there a current roadmap/section for goals? The game has been in Early Access for a while now, and I feel like the last substantial content update was the Druid class.

Looking around on the site, I dont seem to see any information that fits what I am seeking on estimated timeframes and what not. Like the game is still limited to Act I, correct?

This is not intended to sound rude or like I am bashing the devs or being impatient. I am just asking. So, apologies if it comes off that way.

Pallet89 #774407 26/05/21 03:45 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I have no idea. And, by the way, you are posting this question in the wrong forum section.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Pallet89 #774408 26/05/21 04:03 PM
veteran
veteran
I've moved the thread for you. There's no public roadmap, and afaik no news of plans for it.

A quote from the FAQ on Discord: "The frequency of the updates depends on our development speed, which makes it hard to give you a roadmap right now."

The Composer #774409 26/05/21 04:12 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
I've moved the thread for you. There's no public roadmap, and afaik no news of plans for it.

A quote from the FAQ on Discord: "The frequency of the updates depends on our development speed, which makes it hard to give you a roadmap right now."
I find the quote questionable because a roadmap would be more about telling us what they are working to, rather than when they'd be releasing updates.
But I know I'm fighting a losing battle here and nothing will change. Just pointing it out.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Pallet89 #774415 26/05/21 08:11 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So we still dont have a timeframe for when there will be more in the game aside from the level 4 cap and Act 1 content?

Pallet89 #774417 26/05/21 08:31 PM
veteran
veteran
Early Access will only have Act 1. Further acts won't be added until full release.

Pallet89 #774420 26/05/21 09:26 PM
veteran
veteran
agreed with most everyone else here. Since when does the idea of a roadmap absolutely have to include dates? Just hearing "Hey guys, this week we're busy working on 'x'" would give some minor hype to people and help us feel more connected to the game. I think most companies have this default setting of secrecy even when it's not practical.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 26/05/21 09:27 PM.
Pallet89 #774437 27/05/21 01:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I just want to know when the sorcerer class will be added! I needs it.

Pallet89 #774452 27/05/21 12:14 PM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
play Solasta this is a real dream

Pallet89 #774482 27/05/21 04:31 PM
old hand
old hand
The closest to a roadmap we got is datamining and even then that is us trying to guess things based on pieces of code and assets that might not ever be in the final product. I am hoping at the next update Larian starts to become far more active in communication.

Pallet89 #774524 28/05/21 12:45 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm uncertain about the value of a roadmap.

We know that Larian is trying to include most of the content from the Player's Handbook.
That is your roadmap without a timline.

The inclusion of a timeline is a trap that just leads to frustrations.
It would just set up artificial deadlines that would be continually missed because that is the nature of development.

Swen mentioned in an interview that they did Druids early because it was one of the more complex classes to implement and it gave them more time to get it right.
What are the most unique mechanics of the unimplemented classes? That might be what we see next.

Boblawblah #774526 28/05/21 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
agreed with most everyone else here. Since when does the idea of a roadmap absolutely have to include dates? Just hearing "Hey guys, this week we're busy working on 'x'" would give some minor hype to people and help us feel more connected to the game. I think most companies have this default setting of secrecy even when it's not practical.

Hi there Boblawblah,

I beg to differ, strictly talking about "roadmap", roadmap needs to include a timeline + items, or else you don't call it "roadmap". The timeline could be in hours, days, month, quarters or years.

cheers, smile

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
Pallet89 #774542 28/05/21 01:47 AM
old hand
old hand
A roadmap also helps us in giving our feedback.

If they announce something, we can actually voice our opinion on it and that can affect how they use their resources, ostensibly in a good way. If on the roadmap is something an overwhelming amount of players feel strongly in a negative way about, that could indicate its a bad idea for sales or the game, and change course. Or if something on the roadmap gets a lot of positive buzz, they know they are doing something right and move forward more confidently with it.

Also knowing what we should be looking at in the EA could help.

Pallet89 #805127 08/01/22 02:03 AM
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Why you guys are asking RoadMap, this game is in production, anything can happen. All we know we go into another lockdown. Someone acquired Larian Studios. If things go really south, they cancel this and make another game.

Ive said it million time, I dont understand why gaming companies wanna keep these 90s forums up. Theres so many ways to do things more commercially. YouTube or Social Media are good examples. Even Reddit is fun, at least sometimes.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 08/01/22 02:20 AM.
GreatWarrioX #805231 09/01/22 02:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GreatWarrioX
Why you guys are asking RoadMap, this game is in production, anything can happen. All we know we go into another lockdown. Someone acquired Larian Studios. If things go really south, they cancel this and make another game.

Ive said it million time, I dont understand why gaming companies wanna keep these 90s forums up. Theres so many ways to do things more commercially. YouTube or Social Media are good examples. Even Reddit is fun, at least sometimes.

Social media is a lazy person's way of contributing to society. Nothing said on social media really matters and the people there matter even less. Social Media is a Daycare for shallow, stupid, low-value individuals.

The Players who join this forum to contribute are moving outside the social media "hive" in order to provide their opinion. They are the more dedicated, and informed player base than the trash you would get from social media.

Blackheifer
Blackheifer #805234 09/01/22 02:41 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Social media is a lazy person's way of contributing to society. Nothing said on social media really matters and the people there matter even less. Social Media is a Daycare for shallow, stupid, low-value individuals.

The Players who join this forum to contribute are moving outside the social media "hive" in order to provide their opinion. They are the more dedicated, and informed player base than the trash you would get from social media.

[citation needed]

MDEvult #805236 09/01/22 03:05 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MDEvult

[citation needed]

Eek barba durkle - someone failed to get laid in college.

Blackheifer
Pallet89 #805267 09/01/22 10:32 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Social Media seems to be good for short barks of propaganda, but no real meaningful discussion. So, I think forums could possibly net a different sort of individual. I fear development relying on the mass of folks tuned into social media would be ultimately unsatisfying. It might sell games of course, but it is unlikely to create a game that will be fondly remembered twenty years hence.

Blackheifer #805272 10/01/22 02:11 AM
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G

I dont use Social Media, but I use YouTube daily, opinions matters there. Reddit is more casual way of do thigns too, its more visual too. Lrian could at least add "visual" stuff to the forums, to make it more commercial.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 10/01/22 02:14 AM.
Ignatius #805273 10/01/22 02:17 AM
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Social Media seems to be good for short barks of propaganda, but no real meaningful discussion. So, I think forums could possibly net a different sort of individual. I fear development relying on the mass of folks tuned into social media would be ultimately unsatisfying. It might sell games of course, but it is unlikely to create a game that will be fondly remembered twenty years hence.

If Larian wants to sell memories, start selling Fantasy Characters and send a miniature even to home. I played DOS2 like 3 year ago, I dont honestly remembr nothing else, than the trance mix I was listenening from YouTube.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 10/01/22 02:18 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard