#774451 27/05/21 12:11 PM
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
RELASE TODAY
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
take a look at this game, it does pretty much everything better than Baldur's Gate 3, because you can dress very, very warmly, the game is finished and shows everything you think you can do better and you are nowhere near that, I have both games played, BG3 is not a copy of Sin 2 anymore, Solasta is very, very good.
This is a camera control at Solasta. and BG3, how long does it take until you are finished, meanwhile they run away from you on all sides and nothing is left for you. a very bad day for laria studio defensively

enthusiast
enthusiast
So go play it, then? :P

addict
addict
Can we start blocking everyone who talks about Solasta? Plzzzz Q_Q

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Look, I *LOVE* Solasta, and I agree they do the rule implementations and such better than BG3, but this forum is still dedicated to BG3, and I have NO DOUBT this game will be FAR better in so many ways than Solasta.

There is no need to nag and insult Larian, they are making a game that is *FAR* larger in scope. Like... SO MUCH LARGER, in so many ways. It's an entirely different thing and it cannot be compared. We've already covered in countless topics (including some I admit even I have started) that some things could be implemented in a manner closer to how Solasta does things, but... it's been spammed to death by now.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Nyloth

I'm still contemplating a special Solasta subforum for people who must talk about it at every opportunity.

J'aime le fromage.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
RELASE TODAY
take a look at this game, it does pretty much everything better than Baldur's Gate 3, because you can dress very, very warmly, the game is finished and shows everything you think you can do better and you are nowhere near that, I have both games played, BG3 is not a copy of Sin 2 anymore, Solasta is very, very good.
This is a camera control at Solasta. and BG3, how long does it take until you are finished, meanwhile they run away from you on all sides and nothing is left for you. a very bad day for laria studio defensively

I share your enthusiasm for that game.
No idea whether Larian pays attention to what's implemented in Solasta. However people on this forum are well aware of that game so your message may be read as busting down an open door.
Hence the negativity in some replies.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
So go play it, then? :P
Still a few hours away, actually.

Well... Technically you can play it right now, IF you are fine with the early access build that is going to be replaced in a matter of hours.

Last edited by Tuco; 27/05/21 12:41 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
... it's been spammed to death by now.
This! Too much Solasta spam. This is the BG3 forum, not the Solasta forum.

Last edited by Icelyn; 27/05/21 01:01 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Nyloth

I'm still contemplating a special Solasta subforum for people who must talk about it at every opportunity.

At this point just do it lol.

veteran
veteran
+ infinite upwotes

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Ok. I will admit, I have been guilty of comparing the two games, but it is becoming annoying. Larian must hate Solasta by this point. Instead of them being considered sister games and encouraging everyone to play both, Solasta has become the little sister who is trying to steal the spotlight from the older one. "Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I prettier and better?"

Can't they both just get along?😁

veteran
veteran
I used to joke about Solasta fans being relentless evangelists, but I'm starting to find the complaints way more annoying than the continue references as this point.

Last edited by Tuco; 27/05/21 01:59 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Ok. I will admit, I have been guilty of comparing the two games, but it is becoming annoying. Larian must hate Solasta by this point. Instead of them being considered sister games and encouraging everyone to play both, Solasta has become the little sister who is trying to steal the spotlight from the older one. "Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I prettier and better?"

Not really. I have linked before the pre-orders for each game.

S****** has about 100k-200k pre-orders rn.

BG3 has about 2-5 Million.

To compare the two seems odd to me. BG3 has the better story, music, immersion, graphics not to mentioned expanded races, classes. Finally and most important BG3 has Multiplayer and will likely have a DM mode. S****** is never going to have that.

I get that S****** is a great D&D simulator and there is stuff there that Larian can utilize for its own system but that game is ultimately about an inch deep.

Finally, nobody is on the S****** forums talking about Bg3 - I checked. Its more than a little boorish for people to be coming here promoting another game.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 27/05/21 02:12 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Solasta (and DAO, Pathfinder, BG1&2, etc) are all valid comparisons to make against BG3. They can provide examples of things BG3 has improved over these games, or the opposite. If you ban mention of Solasta in entirety, then you also have to ban mention of any other games. However, this post
RELASE TODAY
isn't really feedback or a suggestion (I guess it does mention the "there is a camera control at Solasta" but BG3 also has "a camera control"...). It's mainly just saying that Solasta is better than BG3 and Larian should feel bad. So I'd agree that this thread specifically chould be moved to another forum section.

Also, this thread could have just not been replied to and it would have died. It's ironic that the many replies about how Solasta is talked about too much just serve to make this thread more visible and Solasta talked about more.

addict
addict
This just reminds me of other passive aggressive threads that have come and gone (usually as people get impatient waiting for the next patch).

veteran
veteran
take a look at this game, it does pretty much everything better than Baldur's Gate 3
I have been playing Solasta for a while now, as they have early access to the backers. And while I like the game a lot, this is simply untrue. I like combat in Solasta better, and I wish Larian would copy some things from it - while clunky and low budget I do find UI and controls simply more intuitive and efficient. I also love how they do dice rolls animations on screen - brief, transparent and most informative design I have seen so far. Too bad it's inconsistant with when it actually shows up.

But combat is the only thing Solasta has going for it, while Baldur's Gate3 is a full blown RPG. I might still like it better, as I generally prefer masters of one, over games that try to do everything and do nothing pariticularly well, but the only valid comparison between the two is how they went about implimenting combat into a computer setting. And frankly, BG3 is easily a better value for your money - from production value, to length, to variety of gameplay. Still, as far as making DnD combat actually enjoyable - from what I played (didn't finish it yet) Solasta might be best yet. HOWEVER, without multiclassing DnD 5 is rather dull. It feels like playing BG2 again - unless you pick a spellcaster your character is rather boring to level up.

Still, I do hope they will be able to further develop/make a sequel to Solasta. I think solid foundations for a neat Tactical game using DnD 5 are there - I just wish they had bigger budget, and more depth - in available character builds, in equipement, in conversation trees and mission progression.

EDIT: And to not be a complete Tactical Adventures sellout, I will say that I prefered what Larian did with Hag fight, then Solasta's "Legendary" enemies - seriously, them getting to move after everyother turn is infuriating, especially once they downed some of my companions. Darn, it's always so hard to create a challenging encounter in DnD without some annoying bullcrap.

Last edited by Wormerine; 27/05/21 03:19 PM.
veteran
veteran

Larian's bigwigs looks at the poor numbers of Solasta Vs those of Bg3 and think this game is adorable

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
If you ban mention of Solasta in entirety, then you also have to ban mention of any other games.

Not really. Still, that's all a bit academic, there's no intention of banning discussion about Solasta but if it continues to derail too many other discussions it may end up being corralled into its very own discussion area, something which has happened previously with some other topics.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

I get that S****** is a great D&D simulator and there is stuff there that Larian can utilize for its own system but that game is ultimately about an inch deep.

Funny to read this on the forum of the game that probably have the less deep tactical TB combats of all time^^

I don't know how you can call half of BG3's experience if half of Solasta is "an inch deep".
(Considering combats are something like half of our gameplay hours, which may not be 100% accurate).

[quote=Wormerine]
But combat is the only thing Solasta has going for it, /quote]

100% agree... But no one should forget that combat is a big part of the game.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 27/05/21 05:31 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Not really. Still, that's all a bit academic, there's no intention of banning discussion about Solasta but if it continues to derail too many other discussions it may end up being corralled into its very own discussion area, something which has happened previously with some other topics.
Ah, so like a megathread in BG3's megathread sub-forum? "Comparisons Between BG3 and Solasta (and/or other games)." That wouldn't be the worst, though it would stifle conversation a bit if any mention of Solasta is shunted into a dedicated "Solasta-only" thread.

Moving any mention of Solasta out of the BG3 portions of the forums (say, into the "General - Chat" forum) would be too much imo.

I do agree that basically every possible comparison between BG3 and Solasta has already been made multiple times, so seeing it brought up again can get old. That said, this is true for many, if not most, of the BG3 forum topics at this point...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard