Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
addict
addict
Originally Posted by virion
If you go on the highest difficulty levels than yeah, that's the best thing to do. You can still, on your first playthrough get a semi magi/ semi physical party and just have physical characters harass enemies with lower physical armor values and magical characters attack those with lower magical armour.

The thing is from level 14 +/-, if you optimized your party well...2 mages can whipe out everything. 4 mages can do very fucked up stuff too.... Regardless on the number of HP on the other side. Last boss included. But I won't tell you how. And discovering " how to make this work" is actually fun. My first 2 playthroughs were a blast. The 3rd one was pretty much my last vanilla run since I knew the spells combinations too well ^^.

The 4th playthrough I stopped in the midddle. Even 15 mods didn't help ^^.

Huh, interesting. Discovering combos/synergies does sound fun.

But wow, you endured the broken systems for 3.5 playthroughs. :P What's your average playtime for one run?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
If you go on the highest difficulty levels than yeah, that's the best thing to do. You can still, on your first playthrough get a semi magi/ semi physical party and just have physical characters harass enemies with lower physical armor values and magical characters attack those with lower magical armour.

The thing is from level 14 +/-, if you optimized your party well...2 mages can whipe out everything. 4 mages can do very fucked up stuff too.... Regardless on the number of HP on the other side. Last boss included. But I won't tell you how. And discovering " how to make this work" is actually fun. My first 2 playthroughs were a blast. The 3rd one was pretty much my last vanilla run since I knew the spells combinations too well ^^.

The 4th playthrough I stopped in the midddle. Even 15 mods didn't help ^^.

Huh, interesting. Discovering combos/synergies does sound fun.

But wow, you endured the broken systems for 3.5 playthroughs. :P What's your average playtime for one run?

80-ish hours? But I was playing in coop so I was way slower(dialogues, testing staff, reloads if one of us did something stupid we didn't want to endure etc). 311 hours played.
You know it's a " broken system" if you push it to its limits. Then you discover on the long run it really doesn't work. But you can still have at least 2 full playthroughs and enjoy it 100% before you brake the game wink.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
addict
addict
80-ish hours? But I was playing in coop so I was way slower(dialogues, testing staff, reloads if one of us did something stupid we didn't want to endure etc). 311 hours played.
You know it's a " broken system" if you push it to its limits. Then you discover on the long run it really doesn't work. But you can still have at least 2 full playthroughs and enjoy it 100% before you brake the game wink.

Oh, so not that much time for a single playthrough. I expected like twice that.

By "broken" I mostly meant what Tuco said, frustrating mechanics like bad itemization, the armour system and ridiculous level curves, rather than "OP if you know how to exploit it". Seems like it would get tiring quickly, even within one playthough.

apprentice
apprentice
I was pretty disapointed being away from the game for a while, only to come back to their twitter and finding their most recent post being about some Astarion art from the discord *rolls eyes*. Starting to dislike that guy outside of the game as well I do in it lmao

Last edited by Vallis; 01/07/21 06:05 AM.
addict
addict
Finished BG2. Clocked around 177 hours. That was a big WTF moment...Thought I went pretty fast with the game. NExt run going at it a bit slower. Playing chill, 200 hours + EASY. Ill add a couple more NPC mods to spice things up. My current playable companions are at 25, all with banters, romances and story driven dialogues lol. Hopefully we will have an update on BG3 by then.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/07/21 08:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vallis
I was pretty disapointed being away from the game for a while, only to come back to their twitter and finding their most recent post being about some Astarion art from the discord *rolls eyes*. Starting to dislike that guy outside of the game as well I do in it lmao
Wait to learn that literally the only time I've seen some of the developers interacting with anyone a single bit, in few weeks I spent lurking and chatting on the official discord, was to jokingly beg Chubblot to make "a 20 minutes video of shirtless Halsin".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
...was to jokingly beg Chubblot to make "a 20 minutes video of shirtless Halsin".
celebrate

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
...was to jokingly beg Chubblot to make "a 20 minutes video of shirtless Halsin".
celebrate
Of course you do.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
celebrate

AHAHAAHAH I am dying. X'D Holy crap, I adore your energy and dedication.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dez
AHAHAAHAH I am dying. X'D Holy crap, I adore your energy and dedication.
grin

old hand
old hand
Honestly, the common posters have been consistent enough that I think we all have a good idea of what the other likes and doesn't like.

Like how of course Icelyn would be all up for that daddy Halsin shirtless action.

(This is not a jab, no even close, I love that energy. Keep chasing it!)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Honestly, the common posters have been consistent enough that I think we all have a good idea of what the other likes and doesn't like.

Like how of course Icelyn would be all up for that daddy Halsin shirtless action.

(This is not a jab, no even close, I love that energy. Keep chasing it!)
up

veteran
veteran
Don’t encourage her.

I guess Patch 5 will have to answer this one.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
T
Banned
Banned
T
Well time have gone forward for me....

Situation is this:
1. I know this game will not be released in year 2021. Earliest possible release date is during 2022, but it is a long year so do not expect release in early 2022.
2. They have soon new panel.
3. Progress seems slow yes. Do other things and not only wait for this game. Example do work, study, sports or dating or go on vacation or play other games and see movies and/or TV series etc. time will go forward.
4. I want to see boobs from women:). I am not specially interested in Halsin shirtless, but whatever...

NOTE: Despite what I said I am about 3. above. I am interested in new panel... and I want to see it.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 05/07/21 09:15 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Oh, so not that much time for a single playthrough. I expected like twice that.

By "broken" I mostly meant what Tuco said, frustrating mechanics like bad itemization, the armour system and ridiculous level curves, rather than "OP if you know how to exploit it". Seems like it would get tiring quickly, even within one playthough.

I suspect I'm more representative of gamers in general, being quite casual and seldom finishing any game (BG-series and ME-series are two of the stand-outs for me having not only finished all, but also having done a second playthrough). The above-mentioned issues made me quit on DOS2 at around the halfway point. This was despite liking the game a *great deal* initially and despite being aware of said issues beforehand and having opted on a close to pure physical damage party - thereby negating much of the "schizoid" armor system, while also using a mod to counteract the level insane level curve and thus improve on the tiresome and alienating itemization issue.

The cycloptic over-focus on Early Access content (Act One), probably contributed to an anti-climactic feel as the game progressed though - eventhough having waited for improvements post launch. This EA over-focus was actually initially my biggest concern for BG3 EA...but the fundamental flaws of the mechanics in the game are too many and too obvious to worry about potential anti-climactic gameplay beyond the act covered by EA.

Last edited by Seraphael; 06/07/21 04:39 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
That actually is one thing I adore in BG2. I always go back to the game for the items. Some much cool stuff and I love that long history bit that explains where the item came from. Like your reading a D^D items lore manual wink POE also did that, kind of.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Playing with OP mod items though I see. Shameful.

V
V
This is a situation where Larian really can not do well. I mean what are they supposed to tell us constantly? That today they dabbled around with balance changes of skill X and Y, or that they changed some perimeters of Dialog option 254? These are not content, but quality of life updates, I do not need to hear about this and frankly I do not really care either.
I care about the big stuff, but these updates are rare and far between. Yet beyond maybe additional classes and reworked quests and items nothing is coming there either, it will always be Act 1. So, what are they supposed to deliver on a weekly basis, when there is nothing really to announce? Announcements of announcements? Continuous teasing of stuff that in the end is still marginal? The biggest news so far for me has been the implementation of the Druid class and even this really did not blow my socks off.

They just have little to announce, really. They have nothing revolutionary in their quiver, just busy work to add. Their base idea and mechanics stand and nothing groundbreaking ins going to change. If you find the UI cumbersome, cluttered and inconvenient, beyond QoL chnages nothing is going to happen there, if you find the combat slow, sluggish, one-dimensional and frustrating, nothing is going to change there either. And if you crave more stuff to sink your teeth and time into, they might add or rework a quest or two and add a class, change some dialogue options etc.. If you thought the game was a strange hybrid between Divinity and Baldur's Gate and you do not feel at home there, you will still feel lost.

I have not played since November, but still read here from time to time and follow the rare updates. I have many issues with the game as it was back then, but I did not expect the EA to change that, although I had hoped that there might have been a release this year, which I do not see.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VincentNZ
I mean what are they supposed to tell us constantly? That today they dabbled around with balance changes of skill X and Y, or that they changed some perimeters of Dialog option 254?
Yes. More the former than the latter, as hopefully such investigated changes would be at least moderately significant: e.g., "dabbled with making Shove a standard action" as opposed to small tweaks like "reduced shove distance by 0.1m." A bi-monthly twitter post about a single thing they've been working on in the past 2 weeks would do a lot to engage fans.

As you say, if Larian is not going to change any of the game's base mechanics, then yes there'd be less for them to talk about each week/month. But even still, there'd be something. For Patch 4, they obviously didn't want to spoil anything about the Druid class. But in the months/weeks leading up to it, they could have posted things such as:
- Investigating Loaded Dice - here's a couple implementations we've thought of
- Added new corpses to speak to - here's a sneak preview of one!
- Because everyone loves mushrooms, we removed the bonus action cost!
- This week we've been working on combat fixes: e.g., You can dash twice now; Devil Sight works in darkness; Various spells can be properly upcasted for additional targets. There were enough mechanics fixes in Patch 4 to last 2-3 of these proposed twitter updates.

For bonus points, Larian could then read the comments made in response to these posts, and thus get feedback on these changes before too much work is put into them.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VincentNZ
This is a situation where Larian really can not do well. I mean what are they supposed to tell us constantly? That today they dabbled around with balance changes of skill X and Y, or that they changed some perimeters of Dialog option 254? These are not content, but quality of life updates, I do not need to hear about this and frankly I do not really care either.
I too enjoy beating strawmen to a pulp taking advantage of the fact that they are so easy to hit and never strike back.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard