Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#776148 07/06/21 12:16 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
One thing that when you are playing The game that is maybe interesting to think about, is that are you a man that has a tadpole on head or you as a player are you a tadpole that is playing with humans?

veteran
veteran
It came to my mind, but tadpole seems to have defined presence outside player influence, plus they tend to make us do thinks against what we imput. I wouldn’t expect Avellone-style twist.

Last edited by Wormerine; 07/06/21 12:24 PM.
old hand
old hand
The tadpole has its own existence outside of the player's control so we are unfortunately not controlling the tadpole itself. You can see this presence when (if you use an illithid check) it starts to try to seduce you. Other companions also see different things like Laezel sees her queen.

veteran
veteran
I believe you are a man with tadpole ...

If you were tadpole itself, i would not quite understand the situations where you intentionaly using tadpole powers ... or where narrator is taling about your tadpole ...

Unless you are tadpole who actualy DONT realize that it is a tadpole ... and things about itself as a man with a tadpole! O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I know it sounds outlandish theory, but come to think of it.. you start the game character who you control you don't get to control before the parasite infestation. Your player control is given after, that.. not before. when gameplay starts.. when you can give omnipotent commands to your party so you kinda have a power of a hivemind.. how about come to think of it.. you actually might be controlling their minds already at the start of the game and you are influencing their thought through your choices.. in the dialogue even the story is told through their actions your actions actually come outside from their influence.

How about the Player input to your characters the gameplay is the tadpole but the story is just told in the perspective of the human who has the predicament?

Last edited by AranSIRE; 08/06/21 10:37 AM.
addict
addict
Wait.... T-A-D-P-O-L-E... T-A-V... T, T... A, A... I thing you might be onto something. xD

In all seriousness it's a cool theory and gives a nice Third Rock From the Sun perspective to the narrative. And it's a fun way to think about player agency in the game.

veteran
veteran
i get the feeling that players put way more thought into the story than the writers do smile

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard