Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Niara
Tentatively, I'm planning to, yes, but it will depend on what I've got on my plate.

Personally I'd give it some time before typing up a summary, so initial impressions can fade, the good and bad ones.

veteran
veteran
Well, I won't be watching live regardless - I don't watch or support twitch in any way, because I refuse absolutely to support Amazon in any way. At any rate, I try to keep my synopses factual and descriptive, and mark out anything that's part of my personal opinion or commentary clearly... I'm aware that I'm a harsh critic, after all ^.^

veteran
veteran
Aw just twitch no YouTube?

veteran
veteran
I see, thanks for the explanation!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
Well, Twitch does not provide closed captioning for us hearing impaired people, so I can't watch it. I am counting on good summaries from people like @Niara. smile

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:31 PM. Reason: deleted forum account
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Honestly, I appreciate that this forum is one of the more negative places, cause it feels like people are more willing to actually state what they think and people are willing to say what they like and dislike about specific things. elsewhere negativity seems to get shot down pretty quickly which kinda drowns out specific feedback...

That said, I kinda do what to see the comments during the stream, see what others reactions cause I might be too steeped in this forum that I kinda stopped checking other places about this game.

Well negative feedback is useful. It only becomes problematic when people become abusive. What we don't see much anymore is people making broad negative statements about Larian or its employees.

I might have googled wrong, but 11AM PT will be 2PM EST right? I can be pretty bad with geography and timezones lol, not my strongsuit.

Correct. 1pm central, 2pm EST

Blackheifer
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by AlenaValentine
Hi, I saw Sven's tweet about the next Panel from Hell and I was wondering if anyone knows what a moggouwtoch is? I can't find anything about it online

Mog - slowly, or love depending on language or the Final Fantasy Character :P
Gou - Enough, dog, or cow
wt - with or weight
och - regret or surprise

Mogg - a rich person or a Swedish heavy metal band from the 80s
ou - man

Mo - short
gg - good game/going
o - of or sorrow
uw - your welcome
toch - nevertheless

The question is which is the right combo of words

love cow with surprise? We know they love their cows
slow enough with regret? Maybe referring to the time it took between patches?
Rich man with surprise? Sven is going full Oprah on us and we are all have something under our seats? (you get a bard, you get a bard, everyone here gets a bard)

Maybe i am missing words/definitions

Also not at all serious with this but its a fun exercise

addict
addict
Honestly, I appreciate that this forum is one of the more negative places, cause it feels like people are more willing to actually state what they think and people are willing to say what they like and dislike about specific things. elsewhere negativity seems to get shot down pretty quickly which kinda drowns out specific feedback...

That said, I kinda do what to see the comments during the stream, see what others reactions cause I might be too steeped in this forum that I kinda stopped checking other places about this game.

There is literally too much negativity. Most people adhere to the same position and aggressively push those who disagree with them. It is a pity that this is happening here. There is a huge difference between criticism and the usual pressure with "this is the ONLY good choice" in each topic.

Well, I think everything will be fine on the stream, I have never seen a sharp negative reaction there. Larian seems to have a good reputation.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Sir Dent
Originally Posted by AlenaValentine
Hi, I saw Sven's tweet about the next Panel from Hell and I was wondering if anyone knows what a moggouwtoch is? I can't find anything about it online

Also not at all serious with this but its a fun exercise

Yeah, so. Apparently it's flemish, some kind of expression of shock or surprise. I did a similar run on deciphering this super secret swen code haha.... custom hogwog? :P

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Nyloth

There is literally too much negativity. Most people adhere to the same position and aggressively push those who disagree with them. It is a pity that this is happening here. There is a huge difference between criticism and the usual pressure with "this is the ONLY good choice" in each topic.

Well, I think everything will be fine on the stream, I have never seen a sharp negative reaction there. Larian seems to have a good reputation.

Agreed - I really dig the game and have played through several times already. That's a big statement in it's own... playing through an incomplete, glitchy, broken game multiple times and enjoying it each and every time? It's almost like I got my money's worth from just Chapter 1 and there's still 3? 4? more chapters to come. I'll be patient and play the daylights out of BG3 for a long time to come.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am looking forward to the stream, personally. Watching and commenting on stuff like this with my gaming pals is always a good time.

I also find it hilarious that we have a whole topic on the forums about communication from the Larian, full of comments about the lack of updates and interactions with the community.

In that same topic channel, people have shared video updates from games like WoTC as examples of treating your community well by keeping them updated with good things like well made videos.

And then, when they announce a big update with a stream to boot…the whinging starts about their choice of venue, use of funds, attempts to attract other types of players (le gasp…how could they???), as well as the dire prediction that they will overhype and underdeliver (CDPR style).

Its just a patch and a twitch stream. Neither the saving grace of the world or first sign of the apocalypse. Sheesh.

Also…I personally hope it is the sorcerer class they added and a new race (gnomes would be fun!)——and that they worked on differentiating the caster classes.

Last edited by timebean; 02/07/21 04:32 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Also, WotC "Sorry the game we just released was complete garbage and. We are sorry, heres your money back, kk thanks bye"

Not saying thats happening here (hopefully patch 5 doesnt delete the game in a month) , just I would rather let them take their time to make a quality product and not the buggy unplayable at full launch garbage I see from other developers.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by timebean
I also find it hilarious that we have a whole topic on the forums about communication from the Larian, full of comments about the lack of updates and interactions with the community.
By "interactions with the community," personally I was hoping for something closer to an AMA or answering questions from twitch chat rather than an interactive LARP. The latter can be fun, sure, but it probably won't provide much information on Larian's response to feedback and what is planned for future updates. Additionally, we were promised a community update on how Larian parses feedback, which looks to be potentially replaced by this LARP. You're allowed to look forward to the LARP, but others are equally allowed to want a focus on something else.

Originally Posted by timebean
In that same topic channel, people have shared video updates from games like WoTC as examples of treating your community well by keeping them updated with good things like well made videos.

And then, when they announce a big update with a stream to boot…the whinging starts about their choice of venue, use of funds, attempts to attract other types of players (le gasp…how could they???), as well as the dire prediction that they will overhype and underdeliver (CDPR style).
As I understand it, the argument was that a big showy PFH3 will mainly be watched by people already aware of BG3: and thus not bring in many new players. A big event should definitely be held for the announcement of EA and for full release, but is it worth it for individual patches? The resources dedicated to these patches could be spent on hiring additional coders/writers/animators, and thus help to get the full game out faster.

stranger
stranger
I. AM. SO. HAPPY!

Finally another reason to start a new playthrough wink.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Additionally, we were promised a community update on how Larian parses feedback, which looks to be potentially replaced by this LARP. You're allowed to look forward to the LARP, but others are equally allowed to want a focus on something else.
They post a community update with every patch, so I am sure they will with this one, too. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Additionally, we were promised a community update on how Larian parses feedback, which looks to be potentially replaced by this LARP. You're allowed to look forward to the LARP, but others are equally allowed to want a focus on something else.
They post a community update with every patch, so I am sure they will with this one, too. smile
I'd imagine that the community update has the ~same information as the PFH, no? That's how it worked for PFH2 at least. So if the PFH doesn't have info on feedback, then I doubt the community update will.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super happy if the PFH3 had both the LARP and the feedback info, or even if only the community update had it. But the fact that none of the tweets announcing PFH3 nor this forum announcement have mentioned any discussion of feedback is a bit worrying. Especially considering that the previous hotfix specifically mentioned that such a discussion was coming soonâ„¢, so it's odd that they wouldn't reaffirm its presence in PFH3. Maybe they think it doesn't need to be repeated...? In that case I'll be pleasantly surprised.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I'd imagine that the community update has the ~same information as the PFH, no? That's how it worked for PFH2 at least. So if the PFH doesn't have info on feedback, then I doubt the community update will.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super happy if the PFH3 had both the LARP and the feedback info, or even if only the community update had it. But the fact that none of the tweets announcing PFH3 nor this forum announcement have mentioned any discussion of feedback is a bit worrying. Especially considering that the previous hotfix specifically mentioned that such a discussion was coming soonâ„¢, so it's odd that they wouldn't reaffirm its presence in PFH3. Maybe they think it doesn't need to be repeated...? In that case I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Not really, in community update we have more detailed and changes list, on PFH only general or most important things.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Maybe they think it doesn't need to be repeated...?
Probably this, but we will see next week.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Not really, in community update we have more detailed and changes list, on PFH only general or most important things.
I think a discussion of how Larian parses feedback & telemetry is one of the most important things for a game in EA. At the very least it's incredibly important for forum participation. Knowing how/if Larian looks at our forum posts, and maybe even what mechanics Larian is considering or will never change, will significantly affect forum posts and discussion.

I am honestly looking forward to testing the patch. As for the PFH? I am honestly not interested in watching it. Long winded hype trains may be fine for some folks, but not me. Even if it is played out in a cool European castle. The meat for me is in the patch!

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard