Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well ... after all, Swen did warned us in PFH. :-/
Its a pitty, but 2 days are quite fine. :3

Yeah, 2 days are survivable, even if just barely laugh.

N
N
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by nation
For you to know - i agree with your premise, but think you are kinda hand-waving here. So no - i think larian should have an idea of whats gonna be in the patch after ~four months of testing changes. sure bugs can delay the update, but saying that larian doesnt have any idea of what the next patch will contain is disingenuous.
Oh, maybe I'm hand-waving. And you're assuming a bit too much about how they spent those "~four months" of testing changes, implementing new changes, postponing some changes for the next patch... and you're totally ignoring the fact that they delayed this patch because of bugs.
i literally said 'sure bugs can delay the update' - lol. now youre straw-manning and looking for an argument.

'And you're assuming a bit too much about how they spent those "~four months" of testing changes, implementing new changes, postponing some changes for the next patch' - i dont even know what you are trying to get at here. like, yes? i hope they spent the last four months doing all those things?

i think we both should just move on and wait for thursday for both the update and patch notes before we 'assume' anything further, bc we know how that makes ppl look.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by nation
i literally said 'sure bugs can delay the update' - lol. now youre straw-manning and looking for an argument.

'And you're assuming a bit too much about how they spent those "~four months" of testing changes, implementing new changes, postponing some changes for the next patch' - i dont even know what you are trying to get at here. like, yes? i hope they spent the last four months doing all those things?

i think we both should just move on and wait for thursday for both the update and patch notes before we 'assume' anything further, bc we know how that makes ppl look.
Ok. Just let me put it in more simple way. Your first mesage in our dialog seemed to imply that Larian suppose to release the full patch notes before the delayed patch because they "would know what changes are making the long-awaited patch 5".
And I'm telling you that they wouldn't know till the very last minute (except they gave us in this exact thread some information on what they are going to release for sure). Because before that last minute they are still testing, debugging and maybe even adding things and may find bugs which may make them postpone certain implementations.
And then you're telling me that it shouldn't be the case because they had "~four months of testing changes". You see now why I'm saying that you're assuming and ignoring the fact about the bugs? You're forgetting to apply this fact to the possibility of postponed in last minute things and that it's not 4 months of pure testing and something could be changed and bring new bugs just yesterday.
I'm not searching for an argument, I'm searching for you people to start understanding why Larian would avoid talking earlier about anything and stop filling the forum with your mispleasure on the matter. In Swen's words from his own twitter:
"I try to avoid talking about what we’re working on now or what’s planned. Not that I don’t want to talk about it but I learnt it brings unneeded pressure to the team. They’ve got enough as is." - and that he answered exactly on demand to tell if they're fixing a certain bug.

veteran
veteran
Some people just presume that creating next patch is matter of one busy afternoon ...
And then just waiting for few weeks (or months) bcs, developers are simply pure evil ... then testing in last minute, and find bug ... so they can delay, bcs it makes them happy to see us suffer (again, pure evil).

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
If y'all would prefer, there is a simple way that Larian could release full patch notes and always patch exactly when they say they're going to. All it would take is for them to finish with what they intend for the patch, wrap it up in a pretty little bow, work all the bugs out, and THEN announce the release. Personally, I'm good with the way that we have it. 2 extra days of waiting sucks, but it is 2 days that we know about. If done the other way we wouldn't even be hearing about a patch release for another couple of weeks (at least).

N
N
lmao ya, ive already moved on and recall why i became disillusioned about posting in here with ppl gatekeeping comments/feedback...but keep making assumptions and condescending remarks in your non-search for an argument. you even contradict yourself in your own response so much so that i dont even know what your ultimate point is other than just having the last word - so have it. <3

as an aside, idk why you feel the need to search thru threads for 'you ppl' that fill the forums with 'mispleasure' - call me crazy, but this is an early access where larian themselves said they wanted player feedback and open communication about the game (despite the studio essentially going dark since the last update) so i dont really put much stock into Swen's corporate speech there tbh.

veteran
veteran
Honestly I just really want to see the full patch notes more than the patch itself. Is that odd?

Blackheifer
stranger
stranger
Is patch 5 out yet?? how do you know if patch 5 is installed?

stranger
stranger
It would be lovely if they released the full patch notes before the patch so we could read them while waiting.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Medjai

delayed to Thursday the 15th according to Larian.

Blackheifer
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Aaaarrgh!!! Sven... "C" Tease..., Knew I was gonna be disappointed on the release time for this patch. Perhaps it will be that much more perfect upon release.

Thanks

veteran
veteran
Yea yea delaying the patch for 2 days doesn't really matter... But after such an announcement and a spectacle, delaying it the D-Day at T-Time is really wierd.
Did they found new breaking bugs today that couldn't wait a hotfix a few days later ?

This patch release and the whole communication (or lack of) arround it looks like a joke.
Obviously two more days won't change a lot of things but it looks like whatever they said, we can never trust their deadlines...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/07/21 08:46 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Honestly I just really want to see the full patch notes more than the patch itself. Is that odd?

they still don't write all the changes, for example, the cutscenes added or which ones they changed / improved. it is interesting see it for yourself.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
stranger
stranger

Thank you for the update.

Maxim 14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Yea yea delaying the patch for 2 days doesn't really matter... But after such an announcement and a spectacle, delaying it the D-Day at T-Time is really wierd.
Did they found new breaking bugs today that couldn't wait a hotfix a few days later ?

This patch release and the whole communication (or lack of) arround it looks like a joke.
Obviously two more days won't change a lot of things but it looks like whatever they said, we can never trust their deadlines...

Point well said. I will wait.. Anticipation is a B#@T%ch. No One Wants To Play A Half Ass Game, There's Plenty Of Them Around. I Trust In Sven and The Larian Crew To Pump Out Some Quality. A little disappointed.., but do your THANG, Larian.

enthusiast
enthusiast
it looks like whatever they said, we can never trust their deadlines...

Welcome to the world of development and programming. Bugs happen. Last minute bugs especially.

We only have to wait 2 days... we'll be ok. smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
it looks like whatever they said, we can never trust their deadlines...

Welcome to the world of development and programming. Bugs happen. Last minute bugs especially.

We only have to wait 2 days... we'll be ok. smile

We will. Not sure about Larian. Brothers and Sisters! Time to start our crusade!

The Monolyth! If we destroy it, everything will be over! For the emperor!

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
stranger
stranger
Something we can all agree on...
[Linked Image from y.yarn.co]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Interesting. I always viewed the Narrator as potentially the Absolute; like she is telling the story. So I have no problem with her. 😁

Yep, that's what's so great about the volume control--it's really a very nice option! The player can tailor the narration to his preference! I'd been turning the narrator to 0 volume since D:OS, actually. Glad you like hearing the narration...I've always wanted to talk to someone who does...;) (J/K) I can read the narrated bits at least 3x faster than the narrator reads them aloud without even trying--It's like this, my player character will walk over to a green door, lets say, and open it--all at my direction, even as the narrator would be saying "...what's behind the green door? He walks over to find out..." while on-screen I'm opening a purple door even as the narrator says.."find out"...and etc. But...that doesn't mean my size fits all...hence the genius behind doing the narrator track on separate channel with its own volume control..;)

I'm also delighted to see they are working the CAMP into the game logically as a known location not outside the game stage, and providing the ability to sleep where you are if you have the requisite camping supplies. Nice...

Looking forward to Thursday...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Sigh.

You know, considering they have a FORUM here that I keep a pretty close eye on, it would have been nice if they'd announced the delay on the FORUM instead of me having to find out the patch was delayed by scrolling through this thread. laugh

Regards,

BVV

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard