journeyman
S
OOps! Typo. laugh

BVV

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
it looks like whatever they said, we can never trust their deadlines...

Welcome to the world of development and programming. Bugs happen. Last minute bugs especially.

We only have to wait 2 days... we'll be ok. smile

Dunno, it looks like bugs happen even when it's about "news coming soon".

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/07/21 04:04 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
The patch delay is only very slightly disappointing for me. I was able to get some things done today and clear my schedule for Thursday so I can play. I still haven't made a druid, so my new play-through is going to be a druid for the first time ever. <3

stranger
stranger
The patch is delayed to thursday.... (Larian's discord)

Why the fuck is this announced on Discord only?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
It would be lovely if they released the full patch notes before the patch so we could read them while waiting.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Chromie

I have seen it on Twitter and Facebook too ...
I believe that Discord was only first one, since today its most popular platform.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 14/07/21 09:25 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Honestly though it would be nice if they popped in to add it to the forums… but hey Ho.

I appreciate lots use social media, but for me it’s a cesspool I won’t touch.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Chromie

Because the only thing people post there are Astarion memes and don't ask hard questions.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
Because the only thing people post there are Astarion memes and don't ask hard questions.
That's very dismissive. There's also a whole lot of hardcore Halsin simping.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
There's also a whole lot of hardcore Halsin simping.
Yay! celebrate

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
That's very dismissive. There's also a whole lot of hardcore Halsin simping.
I don't do Discord on account of my hearing impairment. Seems like I'm not missing out on anything meaningful.

veteran
veteran
Developpers discord servers are mostly used to chat with other players and devs.

I use discord for a few monthes and it's a great way to talk with other people... And with devs ! Not sure about Larian's discord because I only subscribe for the news (first place they post when they have something to say) but I had very interresting discussions on smaller devs discord server.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/07/21 04:20 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Developpers discord servers are mostly used to chat with other players and devs.

I use discord for a few monthes and it's a great way to talk with other people... And with devs ! Not sure about Larian's discord because I only subscribe for the news (first place they post when they have something to say) but I had very interresting discussions on smaller devs discord server.
Oh, good to know. Thanks!

Tey Offline
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>

The delay attracts attention to the delay. We can understand delay, hiding the fact is being irresponsible. These guys are acting like misbehaved poppies that took a piss on a carpet and pretend it wasn't them. So f...ing silly...

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 12:27 PM. Reason: deleted forum account

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I don't do Discord on account of my hearing impairment. Seems like I'm not missing out on anything meaningful.

I always thought of Discord as a voice chat program only, but they have regular text chat rooms as well.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Supports video streaming too and because it runs on chrome, it runs in web browsers too. Iirc it launched just as Skype imploded because of microsoft changes.

old hand
old hand

Thanks

A
stranger
stranger
A
Well, it is technically Thursday now, lol! But I suppose at 11:59pm today it will still be Thursday, so they'll have until then to release it without losing even more credibility for not holding to their deadline. Which, in turn, will cause them to never announce a release date for anything ever again so as to avoid looking like they messed something up. Whereas they could just learn how to handle working on meeting deadlines, like most of the rest of society needs to do *rant over* smile
I did really enjoy the work they put into their latest Panel from Hell and the great attention to detail they've showed in developing this game, but it would be nice to not be left in the complete and total darkness of unknowing when this game will ever be complete.

I have a few friends who were interested in this game when it was first announced, and then again gained interest when the game got an early release, but quickly lost interest when they saw how stinkin long this game appears to be taking before its finally complete. A few goals of estimated completion time for different stages of game completion would go a long way to encouraging the players to stay involved. Even for me, I literally haven't touched this game for about 3 months since I know that when they update it again all my savedata will be worthless if I want to try out the new content in the next patch.

veteran
veteran
They always release updates around 19:00 (7pm) by Central Europe time.
Basically 9 hours from now.

That’s assuming the patch doesn’t get delayed some more.

Also, they already said from the beginning the game would stay in EA “at least a year” and Swen Vincke clarified again just recently that they HOPE to release before the end of 2022.

The info is out there and not particularly hidden either. You just weren’t paying attention.

Basically you can stop worrying about a release date for a good while. Not going to happen for at least another full year.

Last edited by Tuco; 15/07/21 08:21 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
The info is out there and not particularly hidden either. You just weren’t paying attention.
This sentence could be used to many topics around here. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
It could, yes, but if the implication was that you could use it against me, tough luck.
You'd be hard pressed to find me unprepared about this game's news.

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard