Print Thread
#779623 08/07/21 10:53 PM
F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I just wanted to throw so positivity Larian's way. The changes coming to the game announced in Panel from Hell 3 look fantastic, and even more importantly, demonstrate that Larian was listening to our feedback regarding some of their homebrew mechanics and the rest system. Even if the game takes a long time to develop, I think it goes a long way when the devs communicate their intentions upfront and show they are listening to the players, and I am once again excited to take a dive back into playing this game on Tuesday!

Also, Swen said he'd give us level 5 if we push hard enough, so +1 to the level 5 train!

Last edited by Ferros; 08/07/21 11:02 PM.
addict
addict
Liked the new die roll animation and the fact that spells can be added to your dialogue without having to pre-empt the conversation!!

I personally don't need Level 5 seeing as there is currently no Multiclassing, but meh... it can have a +1 from me too.

addict
addict
Everything announced seems neat, I will probably re-install the game just to check it out.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
Liked the new die roll animation and the fact that spells can be added to your dialogue without having to pre-empt the conversation!!
We'll see how it feels after some prolonged use but right now I'm sort of worried it may turn out to be a bit "overbearing" in the long run. I'm not the biggest fan of the notion of having half of your screen/characters consistently covered by a super-elaborate diceroll UI.

I personally don't need Level 5 seeing as there is currently no Multiclassing, but meh... it can have a +1 from me too.
Sounds like a complete non-sequitur. Hardly any correlation between the two things.
I don't even like multiclassing at all in principle (and I wouldn't shed a tear if the game skipped it entirely as a feature) and I'm still impatient to playtest/enjoy level 5 and beyond.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
We'll see how it feels after some prolonged use but right now I'm sort of worried it may turn out to be a bit "overbearing" in the long run. I'm not the biggest fan of the notion of having half of your screen/characters consistently covered by a super-elaborate diceroll UI.

Sounds like a complete non-sequitur. Hardly any correlation between the two things.
I don't even like multiclassing at all in principle (and I wouldn't shed a tear if the game skipped it entirely as a feature) and I'm still impatient to playtest/enjoy level 5 and beyond.
I agree with you on the placement and sizing of the die roll mechanic, it is a little annoying having the scene covered.

As for multiclassing argument, yeah I appreciate there are many who dislike multiclassing, but my point was there isn't enough for me personally different between level 4 and 5 that I need to experience in Early Access. It wasn't a "it shouldn't be done", it's just not an EA feature I personally would like to see vs others (for example I would prefer UI or party grouping mechanics improvements before lvl5), but that's very much a personal preference.

veteran
veteran
Rolling looks indeed nice ...
I wonder how long it will take me to start hate it. laugh

Hope there will be posibility to skip it all, and just get the results. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
I didn't have huge expectations for this upcoming patch but I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of things implemented! Some may seem minor, like the point and click system with lines of dialogue but they aren't. These are the things that really make a game feel more alive and detailed.
What I am more intrigued by is the background system that rewards Inspiration points. That's super neat and will help make every playthrough even more different thant the others.

/clap clap Larian

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Malrith
I didn't have huge expectations for this upcoming patch but I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of things implemented! Some may seem minor, like the point and click system with lines of dialogue but they aren't. These are the things that really make a game feel more alive and detailed.
What I am more intrigued by is the background system that rewards Inspiration points. That's super neat and will help make every playthrough even more different thant the others.

/clap clap Larian
800 dialogue blocks just for Early Access... I mean, that's a fair chunk.

apprentice
apprentice
lvl 5? FIREBALL! WIREBALLS to entertain all the catfamilliars!!

F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
my point was there isn't enough for me personally different between level 4 and 5 that I need to experience in Early Access. It wasn't a "it shouldn't be done", it's just not an EA feature I personally would like to see vs others (for example I would prefer UI or party grouping mechanics improvements before lvl5), but that's very much a personal preference.

I'd like to see how they go about adapting 3rd level spells, which make spell-casters more complicated/stronger. Also, multiattack will start to make the martial classes do a lot more damage, and since we probably have enough xp in Act 1 to get us at least close to lvl 6, it would be good to see how the game feels when we are actually allowed to reach the progression power levels that would coincide with the content we are playing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yay for positive thread!
I am very excited for Tuesday to check out the new patch. And I thought PFH3 was very entertaining (even more so when I woke up at 4am to see it and had way too much coffee! Surprised I didn't wake up my husband with all the excited squealing.)
I think it's going to be a bunch of really good QOL changes and I can't wait to play again. (Haven't played in about 2 months)

Last edited by Alexandrite; 10/07/21 11:05 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ferros
my point was there isn't enough for me personally different between level 4 and 5 that I need to experience in Early Access. It wasn't a "it shouldn't be done", it's just not an EA feature I personally would like to see vs others (for example I would prefer UI or party grouping mechanics improvements before lvl5), but that's very much a personal preference.

I'd like to see how they go about adapting 3rd level spells, which make spell-casters more complicated/stronger. Also, multiattack will start to make the martial classes do a lot more damage, and since we probably have enough xp in Act 1 to get us at least close to lvl 6, it would be good to see how the game feels when we are actually allowed to reach the progression power levels that would coincide with the content we are playing.
Yeah +1 attack for my Ranger would be nice. More is good, don't get me wrong, I think I was just meaning I am ok with lvl 5 being behind other mechanics on my list of things I would like to see in EA.

The more I think about the more I am actually looking forward to delving back into the EA with these new communication tweaks, as spell casting etc to help with rolls drastically changes how the conversations could go and it it is a step towards feeling as though the party is a party in each encounter/chat and not just a character with 3 lackeys who help in a fight.

Link Copied to Clipboard