Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
Couldn't agree more. I'm one of the people who think BG3 is really good as it is now but the chain/link/party is something that I just wish they would get rid of. I don't see it happening though...
Well, I don't see it happening either, given that I've been BITCHING about it for 10 months at this point, starting even a "megathread" about it (see signature) and in all this time no one at Larian would even vaguely acknowledged that some people have problems with it.

After all this time and with all the people that chimed in to agree that it's bad (both in that thread and in plenty of other communities) it's not even like they "didn't notice it". It's more like they are actively putting effort into looking the other way.

Which is a shame, because one of my dreams when this game releases would be being able to play it in its entirety without spending a lot of time HATING how it controls.

Last edited by Tuco; 10/07/21 01:54 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Tuco
Am I missing something here, but at 2:32, when they go into stealth mode, how can he move his main character while Shadowheart stays put WITHOUT unlinking her portrait?
Not sure if there's some actual change under the hood here but in my experience moving around when in stealth has always been a bit inconsistent. Sometimes other characters in stealth follow you (as the norm) and sometimes they don't... for no apparent reason.

Just goes to add to the BIG pile of reasons that make the control scheme bad, really.

Couldn't agree more. I'm one of the people who think BG3 is really good as it is now but the chain/link/party is something that I just wish they would get rid of. I don't see it happening though...
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
My little +1 for the 1 000 001 list of changes for Larian in tuco's signature.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Tuco
That's amusing and all, but the point is that D&D mechanics predict that once rogues are out of stealth they are not supposed to be able to hide again until they break line of sight (or they can use backstab out of stealth if someone else is engaging the target. aka flanking).
In this specific case the problem is that as usual the rogue "breaks line of sight" by... walking around the target, which is not how it works, because any enemies "on the board" that aren't already flanked are supposed to be guarding around themselves at 360 degrees.

Also, yes, that may be "Swen video" (maybe), but the point is that the guy is the only one that had the integral version and published it.
You are right again. True this need to be fixed. Rogues should not be able to hide again as it is seen in the video. The game is broken currently on that aspect.

I support +1 Tuco list of changes.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/07/21 02:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Hm, if I saw that video right and I'm not just hallucinating because it's way past my bedtime, it looks like backstab advantage is gone?
Right at 12:04, I don't see it either smile
Still, the cheese of bonus hide and THEN attack with advantage exists.

I don't think you should be able to run up to someone and "hide" behind them without them knowing what's going on. It's still just as silly as jumping behind someone every turn for a "backstab'".

The only thing that changed really is that you can't eat a cheese wheel or bonus Shove on the same turn when backstabbing someone.

The cheese is really strong with this one! We have to make noise about every single little feature individually.

Last edited by 1varangian; 10/07/21 02:38 PM.
addict
addict
That basic cleric spell hit for 20, if I remember correctly that spell is just a roll with no bonuses. 13:30ish last enemy, before exciting.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fallenj
That basic cleric spell hit for 20, if I remember correctly that spell is just a roll with no bonuses. 13:30ish last enemy, before exciting.
With 4d6 it's possible to deal 20 damage. It also could have been a low-damage crit. I forget if all crits have special animations/die popups..?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by fallenj
With 4d6 it's possible to deal 20 damage. It also could have been a low-damage crit. I forget if all crits have special animations/die popups..?

Oh thought it was the cantrip, not a first level spell, thx

Last edited by fallenj; 10/07/21 03:42 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard