Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
First off let me say I love this game, even with just the part of the first act we have now, the potential of this game to become the best RPG of all time at this moment feels highly likely and I have played a very large amount of RPG's including tabletop before I even had a computer. Just the amount of permutations this game has in approaching the areas and "quests" is more than any other game I have ever played. One of the main things that adds to the immersion of this game is the events that are timed like saving Saza from the crossbow bolt or rescuing Ly'zel and recruiting her to the team. I love that you can walk into the cave where Saza's cage is and find her dead in a pool of blood or that Ly'zel will eventually find the Gith and fight against you if you never save her (and since I am discussing that here I wish since you have history with her in the tutorial that after you fight the Gith and win you could leave her alive and recruit her, well that was my hope at least). I have played 288 hours into the game and that is before patch five, and that will be another 30++ hours, trying to explore every bit of the map and all the different permutations of play available and I still have not seen things like the baby owl bear race (but that is awesome that there are still things I have not seen). So fantastic job Sven and team, keep up the good work, we believe in you, take your time we don't care how long it takes, you are our last hope after CD Projekt Red fell so far.

Now, one of my first plays through BG3 I went to the goblin keep with Saza and met the drow Minthara and agreed to open the gate to the druid camp with the thought that I would get back to the camp have the goblins show up and not open the gate thus turning the tide on the goblins and helping the druids defeat them but as anyone who has had that plan knows the game puts you on the side of the goblins no matter what. I even attacked and defeated the goblins basically on my own but the game itself had me firmly on the side of the bad guys now. I wish this would change. I was excited to pull a deception on the baddies and double cross them, and I thought it might be possible to do that because the game makes it seem like the thought that role-playing like this might be possible, I was just sad that the game auto links you to a side with no possibility of deception. Needless to say this great plan of mine forced me to be a murder hobo because I had killed the goblins and the druids and Tieflings still wanted my blood.

Another situation like that occurs if you get the mark of Absolute on you from the goblin priestess Gut, everybody auto attacks you, all your companions (which might not be so bad if you solo but the really bad thing is even the old god of death at your camp who resurrects you also tries to kill you and he is indestructible so that's kind of game ending. The mark really doesn't change your volition in the game, you are still conscious and not controlled by the worm so I am not sure why everybody auto attacks you. If you want to slyly get through the enemies and have them think you are on their side than getting the mark makes sense to do that but the game makes such a decision impossible. As you can tell I wish the auto side switching would change and you could let other NPC's know that you were deceiving your enemies or something. Also if you do an evil play through which mine turned into more of a murder hobo play through it seems to make little sense for everyone to attack you for getting the mark of the Absolute, I mean that kind of feels like an evil thing to do, and Sven did request people to play as evil, it feels counter intuitive to punish people for it, or was he just trolling everyone?

The Tieflings in the druid camp I feel I have a hard time caring about except the young girl who has snake problems. Maybe it's because from the moment you get to the druid camp they are kind of forced upon you and there are not a lot of good opportunities to form a bond with any of them. Zevlor is kind of an ass when you meet him yelling at the guy who just wants to live and there are not many other or any other Tieflings that make a great impression on you. If their was a bit of story in the camp besides just Tieflings talking about their recent struggles it might help or creating an interesting Tiefling you could interact with quite a bit or in a meaningful way besides Zevlor.

On conversations it seems like some answers in conversations always lead to fights without any chance of rectifying the situation and though I never play a completely pacifist run I do wish there would be a way to talk yourself out of one bad answer. Sometimes you pick an answer you think will be fine and you have to end up killing the people you are talking to without a chance to say anything else and for me this seems fairly jarring. My example here is the conversation with Brynna and Andwick in which even after Edowin tells them to follow you because you are a true soul they attack you instantly if you tell them you are from the ship. I didn't want to kill them and it would have been preferable to have another way out, I guess after patch 5 I will be able to just knock them out but it would be more fun to be able to try and talk your way out of the situation and I think that is what is fun about table top RPG's, that if you make one mistake you can still possibly try a clever ruse to change the situation. If you have already added something that emulates this please ignore me but just throwing this out there.

Anyway the game is fantastic, I love it and just want it to be the most expressive RPG ever for PC, I thank Larian for all the hard work, imagination and for sticking to the principles, it is obvious you have by delivering such past great projects and the love put into BG3 s far.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by wickedgod
Now, one of my first plays through BG3 I went to the goblin keep with Saza and met the drow Minthara and agreed to open the gate to the druid camp with the thought that I would get back to the camp have the goblins show up and not open the gate thus turning the tide on the goblins and helping the druids defeat them but as anyone who has had that plan knows the game puts you on the side of the goblins no matter what. I even attacked and defeated the goblins basically on my own but the game itself had me firmly on the side of the bad guys now. I wish this would change. I was excited to pull a deception on the baddies and double cross them, and I thought it might be possible to do that because the game makes it seem like the thought that role-playing like this might be possible, I was just sad that the game auto links you to a side with no possibility of deception. Needless to say this great plan of mine forced me to be a murder hobo because I had killed the goblins and the druids and Tieflings still wanted my blood.

Curious, I haven't done a playthrough where i actually rescue Saza, but it's interesting because I have done playthroughs where I tell Minthara I will open the gates, and then proceed to double cross her. I instead side with the tieflings/druids at the gate, so I wonder if they take away the dialogue options that let you switch sides if it becomes known that you disappeared with the goblin prisoner.

Originally Posted by wickedgod
Another situation like that occurs if you get the mark of Absolute on you from the goblin priestess Gut, everybody auto attacks you, all your companions (which might not be so bad if you solo but the really bad thing is even the old god of death at your camp who resurrects you also tries to kill you and he is indestructible so that's kind of game ending. The mark really doesn't change your volition in the game, you are still conscious and not controlled by the worm so I am not sure why everybody auto attacks you. If you want to slyly get through the enemies and have them think you are on their side than getting the mark makes sense to do that but the game makes such a decision impossible. As you can tell I wish the auto side switching would change and you could let other NPC's know that you were deceiving your enemies or something. Also if you do an evil play through which mine turned into more of a murder hobo play through it seems to make little sense for everyone to attack you for getting the mark of the Absolute, I mean that kind of feels like an evil thing to do, and Sven did request people to play as evil, it feels counter intuitive to punish people for it, or was he just trolling everyone?

Ya idk what you did here because I have almost always accepted the Mark of the Absolute on each of my characters so I can equip more magical items (and there isn't currently a downside to doing so) and I have never been attacked by a party member for doing so. I wonder if these results you are getting are based on dialogue choices you've made, because I have been able to both double-cross Minthara at the grove, and receive the Mark, without getting attacked by allies.

veteran
veteran
Jesus Christ, people.
Use some formatting for your walls of text.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
I really want to read it but it feels like matrix.

[Linked Image from static.antyweb.pl]

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Originally Posted by virion
I really want to read it but it feels like matrix.

[Linked Image from static.antyweb.pl]

Haha! This made my evening, thanks!

To the OP, maybe some headings might help too?

Link Copied to Clipboard